How do I port a number for use with digits?

rehype

I currently have a google voice number that I use for Work but I would like to port that number for use with digits. Is there a support number I can call to make this request?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

All replies

• rjkmadison

Re: How do I port a number for use with digits?

I would guess that it's because it's in beta. I really hope that is an option when it's fully rolled out.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • rehype

Thanks  alot for the feedback

According to google if I unlock my google voice number then it can be transferred to another service provider. Id like to start the transfer process through t-mobile.Upon completion I dont see why it I couldn't begin managing that line through Digits. Just need to someone confirm if this works and if so do I just contact T-mobile support to begin the process

Unlock your number

1. Go to the Google Voice unlock settings page. Sign in to your Google Voice account if you aren't already signed in.
            2. If you only have one Google Voice number, place your mouse by your Google Voice number, and click Unlock my number. If you have more than one number, from the dropdown menu, select the number you want to transfer, and click Unlock my number.
            3. Click Continue.
            4. To complete the transfer process with Google Voice, pay with your Google Account on payments.google.com.

Once you're done, your Google Voice number is ready to be transferred out.

With your new service provider: You can start the transfer process with your new service provider. Keep in mind that you shouldn't provide your Google account password to your new service provider. If you start the transfer process before unlocking the number, it won't work, and we'll email you with the unlocking instructions.

• tmo_evan

For the beta, we aren't allowing people to port numbers in directly for DIGITS Talk and Text only lines.  You're more than welcome to port in as a regular voice line which permits you the ability to use DIGITS anywhere you want - however it is a paid plan like any of your other GSM lines.

Once DIGITS is out of beta, you'll be able to port in lines to use just like any other number.

Thanks for trying out DIGITS!

• kberg31974

That's too bad because I really want to port a number in soon. It would save me a ton of headaches in my workflow.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!