Phone laggy, upload speeds 0?

graytoni

Hello, I seen to have a an issue, right before my days plans renew on Dec 9th I switched my plan to unlimited but since then my internet speed are totally crap.

I have run downloaded and online speed tests and on average 4 of 7 tests give about 1.5-2.5 Mbps and 1 of 7 tests show a spike up around 8Mbps.

In addition I have almost no upload speed, at best I show less than .5 Mbps.

I offten get YouTube giving me error messages telling me to tap to retry out just freezing.

I have even had to restart my chat program because it would not show a connection even when I'm on muy home network, though I do get my full cable speeds when on wifi at home.

I seen to have the problem mostly with my days plan.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Phone laggy, upload speeds 0?

Slow speeds are no fun at all!! The thing with data speeds is that they can vary depending on your location as well as your signal strength. Did you happen to notice how many bars of signal your phone showed that you had when you were doing the testing? Also, did your phone show that you had a 3G, 4G, or LTE symbol next to the signal bars? Lastly, have you had a chance to test the speeds in another location separate from where you ran the first set of tests? 

• tmo_ryan

Re: Phone laggy, upload speeds 0?

Hi graytoni

Wanted to check in to see if you had a chance to test in another location to see if you get different results.