Unable to change line name.

joez148

Galaxy S7. When I go into edit line settings, it lets me change the Icon and Icon color no problem. But when I try and change the line name, its doesn't take, it keeps going back to the original name.

All replies

• tmo_evan

Re: Unable to change line name.

Is the name of the line the same or different then what shows up in My.T-Mobile.com?

Also if you change it in https://mydigits.t-mobile.com/consumer does it show up/change in the S7?

• joez148

Ok, I went on the consumer page and changed both line names. The add on 2nd number changed on the phone and now matches the account name. But the primary line won't change, it still shows on the phone as just the 11 digit phone number (1+ the phone number)  and its not same as the line name in my t mobile.

• tmo_evan

Just to be clear. the line name associated with the SIM won't change.  Your on an S7 running Marshmallow (?).

Will have one of the moderators reach out to you since we'll also need your T-Mobile ID email so we can log the bug.

• joez148

i replied to your message, thanks

Yes 6.0.1. The 2 phones numbers are 2 different area codes. I just wanted the line names to be the 3 digit area code, this way it would make it simple and real easy to tell the difference between the 2. LIke i said I got the one to change, if the primary doesn't change its ok i guess.

• tmo_chris

Hey joez148,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention! I just sent you a private message which you can check here. I want to get a bug report filed on this so if you could please reply to the private message when you have a moment, I would greatly appreciate it.

• bpulcine

Have we had any progress with this issue?   My S7 Edge was recently updated to Android 7.0, and problem with renaming the primary line still exists.  It shows as the 11-digit phone number, instead of the pseudo-name given.   Within the phone settings, I am allowed to change it, however once I return to the main settings page, it reverts back to the phone number.

Anyone with an S7 also experiencing this problem?  The new virtual line, which I renamed as "Work", does show properly in the phone.

Thanks.

BP

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!