Cannot make calls with Gear S2

kolijboy

Here is my setup:

Note Edge - primary

Gear S2 (LTE version) - secondary (either standalone or remote connection mode)

Followed all the steps I know from the registration email, the manual, and the walk-throughs and read all the relevant threads.

Result:

1. Phone rings on both devices. GOOD

2. Texts sent from Gear S2 do not show up on Note Edge. NOT GOOD

3. Cannot make calls from Gear S2. The watch tries to dial out, but then the call ends almost immediately without a message.  SHOW STOPPER

Is there a fix for this?

All replies

• wolnochok

Re: Cannot make calls with Gear S2

Same problem here, though I have a Note 4 connected to the S2 Classic 4G.  If I log out of the DIGITS app on the phone then the Gear S2 makes outbound calls - log into the app and go through the nonsense again of verification, then outbound calls are locked out.

Inbound calls were fine though. I did not try to make a call while disconnected from bluetooth though but probably not an issue. Seems more an issue with conflict with the gear manager service.

• tmo_chris

Hey kolijboy and joeim@live.com

I apologize for the delay in responding We have been making a ton of update on the back end to make things a little more smooth for wearable and I wanted to check in with you both to see if you were still having troubles?

Also @joeim and @ganesh , I am sending you a private message so we can get your usernames changed to something other than an email address. Please check and respond to my message here when you have a moment.

• wolnochok

Actually the app is not allowing me to activate any lines now, including my main line.

• kolijboy

This has quickly becoming a problem for me that is affecting my confidence in Tmobile.

I am in limbo. The DIGITS beta never worked, and no matter what I do my original (old) set up does not work. I cannot make calls from my 4G watch as I was used to, and I cannot connect remotely to my phone. Will someone with the appropriate expertise please help me get back to the original functionality?

• tmo_chris

Hey wolnochok,

Are you getting an error message when attempting to enable the lines? What is the version of the DIGITS app that you are using?

kolijboy - I am sorry to hear that you are having a rough time with the beta. We do appreciate you testing out the service and helping us identify issues. If you want to return your service to normal, you can request to be removed from the beta program at any time by going to www.t-mobile.com/optoutbeta and contacting the number shown on the site. Once the request is received, it will take up to 3 business days to be removed. You will get a confirmation email once completed. Any new lines that were added to your account as part of the beta will be removed.

• wolnochok

Chris,

I'm unsure which version I'm on but I know it's updated to latest one on the play store.  I can't slide the lines to turn on (keeps sliding back after logging in), and so can't progress past this post sign-in screen.

• tmo_chris

Thanks for clarifying Can you please try completely uninstalling the application and then reinstalling it? Once you have it reinstalled, please try turning on the lines again.

• tmo_marissa

Hey wolnochok!  I wanted to check in and see if you'd noticed any improvements after uninstalling/reinstalling as Chris suggested - how is everything going now?

- Marissa

• wolnochok

Well, it works and doesn't.

After uninstalling and reinstalling and going through the enrollment, I can now activate the numbers using the toggles.

But, when dialing out or receiving calls, there is a drop out then redial, so the process is VERY slow - same with sending and receiving text messages.

Also, on my watch I used to see text notifications using the envelope icon - now all notifications for calls and texts show DIGITS with the magenta background which I don't like as it is immediately unclear what kind of notification it is.

• wolnochok

Marissa,

Not sure if you got my earlier response.

I uninstalled, reinstalled and set up the app again. Was able to activate the numbers now.

Problems:

1.     Call forwarding to my watch when connected is quite delayed, and I just get the missed call notification on my watch, especially when connected remotely and not through Bluetooth.  Messages also appear to show up delayed.

2.     Watch notifications for calls and texts show up as DIGITS, not through the watch's app icons so it's not immediately clear which app is receiving the message.

3.     Calling from watch also is delayed and caused a missed call to the recipient phone.

Had to deactivate until it works better.

• bachxstar

I am not sure the question by the original poster was resolved? I am having the same issue-- unable to make calls with the samsung s2 classic-- the call ends as soon as I hit send. Right now my only set up is my phone and s2 watch. I see that a discussion about the Digits app came up, do I need to install this on my phone? I thought I only have to install the Digits app on my phone if I am using multiple lines across multiple devices?