I can't configure DIGITS on my Android phone

yano

"This application can't use this phone number because it is the SIM number of this device. You can use this phone's number and this application on other devices. You can use other phone numbers with this application. Please sign into my T-Mobile.com to get additional numbers or grant access to numbers you already have."

When I sign into DIGITS on my Android phone I get the above message.

This is my primary phone. Do I not need to install DIGITS on my primary phone?

All replies

• giyad

Re: I can't configure DIGITS on my Android phone

Yes, as the message says you can't install DIGITS on the device with your primary SIM installed. 

The issue I have with this is, my contacts are all on that device, and the other devices I have don't have any contacts.  I would like to synchronize my devices contacts with the other devices, how would I go about getting my contacts from that device which I can't install DIGITS on (short of putting another SIM card into this device.)?

• drakenfx

giyad

If you are using Android to keep/Store you contacts , you just need to sign up on the device you'll be using DIGITS and let Android sync your contacts there.

Then you'll be able to use your contacts from Digits, same goes for IOS I assume.

• giyad

Interesting, how does Tmobile get my contacts from my original device if I don't have DIGITS installed on it?

My setup:

• Android Phone
                • iPad Mini

Steps to setup:

1. Download DIGITS on iPad
                2. Log in
                3. Authorize and activate
                4. DIGITS requests to import your contacts (how would it do this)?
                  • drakenfx

DIGITS will only take contacts that are already on your device, If there is a contact it will read it if not you'll see no contacts on DIGITS app.

If you want DIGITS to use your contacts you need to sync your device to whatever account your contacts are stored , then let/allow  DIGITS to import them.

• giyad

Yeah there are plenty of solutions out there to get my contacts onto the other device.  My point is, DIGITS is setup to do this already, if you grant the device with the original SIM access to only synchronize contacts it would make it a complete one stop solution, instead of providing us with the message:

"This application can't use this phone number because it is the SIM number of this device. You can use this phone's number and this application on other devices. You can use other phone numbers with this application. Please sign into my T-Mobile.com to get additional numbers or grant access to numbers you already have."

So basically, when I download and authenticate DIGITS on the device with original SIM, instead of providing me with that message above, the app can default to limited functionality whereby you can only synchronize contacts.  This way we get everything into the DIGITS app and access it from everywhere, without having to use a third party software.  Just a feature request.

• stromknight@gmail.com

Might be a dumb question, but related to this Topic.

As far as the the process goes.

How do you get past Step 3?

It keeps saying it's sending the activation sms code to the new Digits number, but if it hasn't been set up yet how do you get it activated?

• yano

What about my outgoing messages from DIGITS?

Should my outgoing messages I sent as my primary number from DIGITS? Those *should* show up as outgoing on my primary device, right?

• yano

If I can't use DIGITS on my primary phone as described above.

How can I use RCS on my primary phone? Is this not possible?

• tmo_chris

yano – I apologize for the delay in responding. You can install the DIGITS app on your primary device. We were having some issues with the APP in the early days but there have been some update made to address those issues. Can you please try uninstalling the DIGITS app from your phone completely and then reinstalling it? When you are asked to log in, please log in with your T-Mobile ID.

giyad – For the contacts, you can install DIGITS on both of your devices. Once you have it installed, please log in with the T-Mobile ID that you used when you registered for the beta. On your Android phone that has all your contacts and tap on the cloud tab at the top right. From there, you will be able to sync all your contacts from that device to the cloud and will be able to see them on the cloud tab of the iPad MINI.

@strom – Are you still having issues receiving the activation SMS message?

• giyad

Thanks Chrisl,

Was there an update to the app?  I was not able to install the Digits app on my phone with original SIM before, but this time I was able to install it and so I was able to synchronize my contacts.  Perfect, thank you.  I got my contacts on the cloud, but they did not synchronize to the iPad, even when I click on the cloud button.

I tried signing out and signing back in, but I'm not able to sign back in on my iPad.  I'm provided the option to request access by phone number, which I did and accepted via the link and pressed Allow.  It didn't do anything on my ipad, and crashes on the ipad so I'm not able to hit refresh.  I then tried signing in with my tmobile account, and that didn't work either.  I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, but its just saying Please Wait.. it won't log in.  Actually now it only crashes, I can't log in on the iPad.  I think it might have to do with my slow internet connection since I'm not in the US, but it should not have this effect it should just take time.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!