Quirks when using the Switch Device functionality

inferno10@gmail.com

I've been testing out the Switch Device functionality in the app, and experienced a few quirks under various conditions. Just wanted to share it in case the bugs aren't already known.

Bug 1 (100% reproducible)

Description: When answering a DIGITS call on an iPhone using the native Phone dialer (i.e "Use Minutes and Data" is selected), the DIGITS app is unable to switch the call to another device.

Phone Tested: iPhone 6S on a discount carrier (starts with S)

Steps to reproduce:

1) In the DIGITS app settings for the test iPhone, make sure "Use minutes and data" is selected.

2) On another phone, call your DIGITS then answer the call on the test iPhone.

3) While on the call, click on the Home button on the test iPhone and load the DIGITS app.

4) Click on Switch Device, and select another DIGITS device

5) The app should show that it's trying to switch to the other device, but the switch never happens.

Bug 2 (somewhat reproducible)

Description: When answering a DIGITS call on an Android phone from the lock screen using the native dialer (i.e "Use Minutes and Data" is selected), the DIGITS app does not recognized that the phone is on a call. This bug can happen on both WiFi Calling and on cellular.

Phone Tested: Google PIxel on a T-Mobile Prepaid line

Steps to reproduce:

1) In the DIGITS app settings, make sure "Use minutes and data" is selected

2) Switch to another app to ensure DIGITS isn't in the foreground.

3) Lock the phone with a passcode

4) On another phone, call your DIGITS and answer the call on the test phone while the phone is still locked.

5) While on the call, swipe down to bring the notification sheet, and tap on DIGITS, and unlock the phone when prompted.

6) The DIGITS app will appear, but might show the dial pad instead of the on-call buttons

All replies