Fees and taxes for $80 family plan ?

lesyab11

Fees and taxes for $80 family plan ? Plus each line fees and taxes  - total $24 in fees and taxes ? really? why to high and why  plan itself obligated with taxes and fees ?

All replies

• miket

Re: Fees and taxes for $80 family plan ?

You have only 2 lines with about $12/line in fees and taxes?   Can you post the description for each of the charges.  We have 6 lines that don't total more than about that.  

• tidbits

Is this your first bill? What state are you in?

• tmo_marissa

Hey lesyab11 - it sounds like those taxes and fees were a bit of a shock - and I agree they do sound high.  Since we can't take a look at your itemized statement through the Support site, it's a little tough to tell you exactly where the taxes and fees are coming from.  But I can proactively address some common questions and see if this helps - if this is your first bill, you may be seeing prorated charges in addition to a full month's service charge, and these prorated amounts are taxed, plus you'd see double the regulatory fees (on a first bill only or a bill where you've added a new line).  Also, though tax rates depend on where you live, you are taxed on both the family plan itself and each individual line, as well as on prorated amounts.

We have a pretty helpful bill breakdown page here - Understand your bill - but this might not be of assistance if there are specific charges you're curious about.  As miket said if you'd like to post some of the descriptions you see next to the itemized charges I'm happy to help shed light on them!

Thanks so much for asking your question here, please let us know how we can help!

- Marissa

• lesyab11

Hi my phone number XXXXXXXXXX and I have two more lines. Please explain all those tax and fees on a top of Plan of $80 plus also for each line. Why would taxes & fees for plan itself applied plus on a top each line separate. All other serveses - don't change plan tax and fees. I think it's way to much $25 a month for 3 lines and regular family plan.

Lesya

• tmo_marissa

Hi lesyab11 - sorry about the delay in response here, we're playing holiday catch-up!  I wanted to explain that I edited your number from your response - thank you for providing it, but since the Support Community is a user forum, we're not able to look at individual accounts and review billing statements or other details.  If the explanation offered above in my previous response doesn't match up with what you're seeing on the statement, then we definitely would like to have a team with account access review your bill - you can Contact Us either over the phone with Customer Care or via social media (Twitter or FB) and work with our T-Force team to go over the statement with you.  I hear you that Fees & taxes (especially in some areas over others) can be very high and contribute greatly to your monthly total - unfortunately we don't choose what the charges are, taxes are imposed by the federal, state, and local governing bodies.  If there are specific line items you have questions about, you're welcome to tell me which they are by name and I can do my best to speak to the purpose of that tax or fee (though I can't see your bill so I won't be able to confirm the dollar amount).
                    If you're concerned that these taxes are inaccurate, then when you reach out to us you can request the representative file a Tax Information Request form to have them reviewed.

- Marissa