Gear S3 number

jaimier

Signed up and put my gear s3 on my primary number. The digits gave me a new number on my account and did nothing to my gear s3. Help fix.

All replies

• jaimier

Re: Gear S3 number

Now my gear s3 gets text but my phone gets nothing

• jaimier

so this is what I have found so far. I am using GS7 fro my primary phone and a Gear s3 as my digits add on. tmo gave me a duplicate number to the gear. I am abe to receive calls and mms to both when connected by Bluetooth and by stand alone. I am not able to receive sms to the gs7 ever. I can send them though. I am able to receive sms on the gear when in standalone. i like being connected by Bluetooth so I can control my music and get other notifications from my phone. please check the sms. something is not working on tmo end.

• bunk

hey are u getting duplicate text and if you dont mind can u tell me how you have your settings for the duplicate on the gear s3

• jaimier

I am and not sure what you mean by duplicate setting

• hackbeezie

If you are going to use the Gear S3 in standalone mode you have to go to message settings in the gear app when its connected by bluetooth and turn of message notification.  Then when you disconnect from your phone then you will not get a duplicate message every time.  Whats happening is you are getting the message from the phone and from the watch connection at the same time. 

• lrosado

Is it necessary to keep your gear s3 service active or can we cancel the gear line and just use it under the duplicate number?

• tmo_amanda

Hello All!

Again, thank you so much for participating in our Beta. This seems to be an issue that many are running into. We already have a thread created that properly addresses this issue. Please refer to that thread for the solution as this thread will now be locked.

• tmo_marissa

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!