Web Client Disconnection Issues

kevinkays

I have been attempting to use the web client for Digits with little luck. On both Chrome and Firefox I am either not able to connect or connects for a few seconds and then disconnects. I have full internet connection otherwise, and have disabled anything that could be blocking access to the site.

Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

All replies

• istjgeek

Re: Web Client Disconnection Issues

I just logged in successfully. Looks okay to me for the last minute...

--

Mark

istjgeek@gmail.com <istjgeek@gmail.com>

• themagentapanther

Thanks for letting us know, the team is looking at this.  There have been a couple people seeing similar disconnection issues.  Do you happen to be behind a corporate fire wall or other managed network?

Thanks!

• sparkyxi

Also now seeing this - not behind a firewall. Windows 10, Chrome 55.

• hackbeezie

I am having the same issue as well, i am not behind any firewalls and running windows 10 with Chrome 55 as well.  As soon as i log in it connects then it disconnects. 

• cabreca@gmail.com

I noticed that this happens to me when I login to the web client and to my.t-mobile.com at the same time on the same computer.

• miamiderp

Happening to me as well. Seems to happen once I leave the tab to another one, then when I return, it's in a disconnected state. Haven't figured out how to get it connected again except for closing out of the tab, then opening the web client in a new tab. But when I do that, then I run into the issue of it asking me to register my line again.

• maycocktj

Untitled.png

After clicking the "Register" button, I get this "disconnected" message.  I am able to continue offline, and have been able to add Google contacts, but a red symbol indicating disconnected remains after logging in "offline."

• settonull

I can add a "me too".  It'll work for minutes at a time, then give the "disconnected" message.

Windows 10, Chrome 55

This happens in a window with only the one tab. 

Sometimes it flashes and then comes back.  Other times it sits for longer than I am willing to watch. 

Clicking on the "continue offline" will sometimes cause it to reconnect.  Other times it will still show as offline and only a log out, back in will restore it.

(the IPad app is glitchy as can be too, but that's for another thread I guess)

• 469-438-0477

+1, I'm having the same problem from my office, but not from home.

Additionally, when I'm not logged into Digits from my PC, all calls to my phone number goes directly to Voicemail.

• maycocktj

No change using Firefox the other day and this morning, so I decided to try again this morning but using Google Chrome. It connected long enough to download text messages, but within less than a minute disconnected again.

• darae

I'm having the same problem as OP.  The web client will connect briefly, then disconnect and never regain connection.  If I log out/log back in, it will reconnect but will disconnect again shortly after.   I am using Chrome on macOS 10.12.1 on a private home wireless network with no connectivity issues.

• tmo_evan

All ....

We're trying to fix the issue and would like to have you all try the following:

1. Please clear the browser cache and try again.

2. If that doesn't work, can you try connecting your computer to you're phone (tether your computer) and see if that works.

3. If that still doesn't work then please let us know and also let us know if you're open for us to reach out directly to you in order to troubleshoot.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                • jewbixcube

1) I have tried clearing my browser cache, still have the disconnecting issue.
                                  2) I cannot try connecting my computer to my phone since I don't get cell service in my building, hence my need for Digits.
                                  3) I am open for you to reach out directly to troubleshoot.

• 469-438-0477

Anybody else having problem with incoming calls directly going to voicemail?

• ken52787@gmail.com

I am getting this too. What's odd is that sometimes it gets stuck with the "Disconnected" message, but I can see texts come in behind it. So it seems that it isn't actually disconnected, just that the message didn't get taken down correctly.

• hunter573

I am having the same problem.  Every time I login, it stays "Online" for a few seconds then this message appears:

Disconnected

We are attempting to reconnect your service. Press continue below to access any cached content in offline mode while we continue trying to reconnect.

I am using Windows 10 Pro, and Firefox 50.1.0

• hackbeezie

I saved the login as a bookmark and closed everything out.  Then open up Chrome and it works from there.  I have been using it for 2 days now and received a phone call on my computer as well and worked really good.  Text messages work good as well with the messages i have sent show up on my S7 Edge and Gear S3.

• hunter573

I just installed Chrome to see if there was a difference between Firefox and Chrome.  Chrome allowed me to make one call then it the "Disconnected" message appeared again

• hunter573

Not sure if this helps but I had a strange situation with Firefox and Chrome when logging off from DIGITS and tried to use CCleaner to clean the history and cookies from the browsers,

Normally when I run CCleaner Professional and any of my browsers are open, CCleaner asks if I want it to close them.  However, every time I logged out of Digits and closed the browsers (this happened with Firefox and Chrome), CCleaner would tell me that the browsers were opened.  I checked and I neither browser was opened.  I selected the CCleaner button that allows CCleaner to close the browser, which normally closes instantly, but each time CCleaner would say that the browser was taking too long to close and that it needed to be forced to close.  This happened with Firefox and Chrome individually.

• marcaronson408

I am also having the problem where I need to login every time I go to T-Mobile DIGITS

I've tried clearing my cache -- doesn't help

I sue Chrome.

Thanks for any help!

Marc

• sskorka

I can confirm that using Chrome version 55.0.2883.95 on a Mac running macOS Sierra 10.12.2 that DIGITS disconnects when you log into a T-Mobile account in another tab. Fixing this requires that you log out of the account and go back to the DIGITS log in page. That will let you back into your session.

• tmo_marissa

Hi all - I know it's been a few days since we've touched base here, thank you so much for hanging in there.  If any of you have tried Evan's recommendations - clearing your cache and testing, then if unsuccessful, tethering your phone to the computer and trying the web client - and are seeing improvements, can you please let us know here?

Likewise, if these issues are persisting, please let us know as well!

Thank you,
                                                  Marissa

• marcaronson408

Hi Marissa, I tried it with my laptop teathered to my LG G4.

It asks me to register every time I attempt to use the app.

THere is also an issue with trying to import my google contacts. They are successfully imported and work in that session, but every time I close the tab and then go back in again, I am force to register again and my contacts are gone.

Am I using the right URL?  T-Mobile DIGITS

THanks!

Marc

• marcaronson408

A quick follow-up.  I closed all DIGITS tabs, cleared my cache and tried it again while teathered to my LG G4. Still the same issue -- I need to register every time.

When I go to the digits URL there is an initial screen that comes up some of the times that is a bit strange -- see below.

Just for grins I have tried doing this with desktop notifications both on and off and with tooltips both on and off -- no change in behavior -- still have to register every time

Marc

digits.PNG

• sskorka

I've occasionally seen disconnect problems but most of the time, my connection to DIGITS via the Chrome browser in MacOS has been quite stable for me. What I do lose consistently is the link to my Google contacts.

• marcaronson408

tmo_marissa, it has been several days and I haven't seen any updates.

Per my previous posts, I've tried clearing chrome's cache and running while teathered to my t-mobile phone without any improvement.

Can you provide any updates?

Thanks!

Marc

• tmo_marissa

Hey marcaronson408 and all - we're working on this!  Yesterday the DIGITS team launched a downloadable client for Windows and Macs that may improve some of these disconnect issues - instructions on how to find it are here: Web Client "DISCONNECTED" Issue Remains.

If you haven't tested it already, do you mind giving it a try and letting us know back here if you notice any improvements?  Thank you!

- Marissa

• marcaronson408

Hi Marissa, I downloaded it. While I appreciate the effort, this is not a usable solution:

• It always shows up in the taskbar. There is no way to close it.
                                                                    • Since I can't close it, the only way to test if it stays logged in is to do a reboot.
                                                                    • When I reboot, I am forced to login again and I have no message history.

Finally, I really don't want to have to install an app.

I hope this feedback is helpful -- hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks!

Marc

• jewbixcube

If I could chime in here on the desktop app, I mentioned in another thread how it doesn't solve the disconnect issue, but in addition, it also doesn't solve any of the other issues that the web client was having as mentioned in other threads, namely:

• Having to re-login / re-register each time you open it
                                                                        • Having to re-import Google Contacts each time you open it
                                                                        • Not synchronizing message history

I'll also agree with marcaronson408 that a desktop client isn't the best for me personally mainly because I work on a U.S. government computer on which I am not a privileged user, and I can't install anything that isn't on an approved list. (I had to install it in a virtual machine to test it at work). A web client would really be the best solution here, but that is just my personal opinion and others may disagree or have other needs.

P.S. marcaronson408 you mentioned that you couldn't close the app. Are you on Windows or Mac? What about clicking "Quit" from the "File" menu in the top left of the app? I'm on Windows and when I click that "Quit" button, the app closes and disappears from the taskbar, and the "T-Mobile-Digits.exe" processes are all terminated.

• tmo_kirstin

jewbixcube For your issues we do want to ensure that we address everything to make sure you get the most from the service. Have you spoken with the beta support team regarding these issues?

• marcaronson408

jewbixcube, good point about file->quit -- somehow I missed that -- thank you.

tmo_marissa, as jewbixcube points out, the client does't solve the core issues:

• Having to re-login / re-register each time you open it
                                                                              • Having to re-import Google Contacts each time you open it
                                                                              • Not synchronizing message history

The lack of message history sync makes it unusable for me -- if you don't happen to be signed in when the message arrives, you don't see it. For the time being, I remain dependent on MightyText for this functionality.

Is there an ETA for when any of this will be fixed? Thanks!

Marc

• miamiderp

The sync I don't see is if you reply from the DIGITS app, it won't show up on your phone. That's kinda interesting, but I can see possibly why it does this. The other way around works perfectly where if someone sends me a text, it comes in on the web client with no issues, even if I'm not logged in.

• tmo_marissa

Hey marcaronson408 & jewbixcube - thank you both for running the gauntlet with cache clearing/tethering/testing out the downloadable client, and most of all for this clearly outlined feedback!  I'm sorry to say that there is no ETA I can offer right now, but working out these kinks is a priority before we move forward from Beta!

Please stay tuned here - we're in the process of working on a DIGITS Web Client megathread like this: Please read: Duplicate SIM issues megathread and it will outline some current expectations for the web experience.  jewbixcube and any users having issues connecting behind a firewall, we'll also be using this thread to gather information regarding what ports are and aren't currently working for connection, so your feedback will be incredibly valuable there.  I'll post back here with a link to that megathread (and on any/all of the multiple Web Disconnect threads I can find! haha) once it's created. 

Thank you so much for hanging in there!

- Marissa

• cricenog

I'm going to try the downloadable client - ran into an issue today with the web app where it looked like I was connected, and I was sending texts and it looked like they were sending, but turns out they were NOT and NOT being received.

Once I refreshed and checked the app I saw they did not send, but that was hours later - the web was not giving me the disconnected message.

One item I'd like to clarify - texts SEND via the web, on other devices, apps etc, will NOT sync back to the native messaging app right?

For example, if I receive a text on my iPhone I now do see it in the web and app, but if I respond via the web or app I do NOT see it on my iPhone, correct?

Thanks,

• miamiderp

Quoting this part:
                                                                                            For example, if I receive a text on my iPhone I now do see it in the web and app, but if I respond via the web or app I do NOT see it on my iPhone, correct?

That is the behavior I've come to see as well. When you receive a text to your number, it populates the text in all devices. If I send the reply from my phone, it'll show up on all devices, but if I send the reply from the web/windows client, it won't go to the phone's SMS app.

• marcaronson408

A strange but good thing -- the installed client suddenly sows the message history when I login.

As recent as yesterday it was not.

Marc

• cricenog

Same here, but it's  been extremely buggy and unreliable - it's like it's timing out without notice - for example - I might get a message in the client and on my phone, but when I go to reply it looks like my message sends, sometimes it will even say delivered, but it does NOT - and it does NOT update the phone app (not the native client, but the actual digits app on my phone)  - this is a huge bug - can someone from T-Mobile comment whether we need to log this as a separate thread or whether this is being worked on? If additional information is needed let me know.  I know it's not sending the messages as I have another non T-Mobile phone I use for testing.

• tmo_kirstin

Thank you for testing the app. To close the app you will need to right click the icon in the task manager and select exit. Let me know if that works. It is new and we are still trying to improve it. Thank you so much for the feedback and we will make sure we take that in to account when making updates!

• tmo_marissa

Hey all.  Thank you so much for hanging in there with us, getting the Web Client to work reliably is a priority.  It's taking our DIGITS team a little longer than expected to post the Web Client megathread, in part because of active updates to the overall experience, but I'm sorry we're keeping you waiting - I know you're eager for information. 

I wanted to touch base with everyone and see if you'd be willing to provide some details about your setup via PM so that we can file bug reports (if you haven't filed one already) and keep moving forward with feedback while the megathread is in the works.  We'll be looking for standard information but also any specifics you can provide regarding the firewalls you're working behind for those of you who are would be fantastic.  Please reply here and let me know if you're up for it, and I'll PM you! 

Thank you so much, again, for your patience and participation in the Beta.

- Marissa

• marcaronson408

PM is fine.

I am not having any firewall issues.

Issues with Webclient: I have to login every time I use it; Google contacts need to be re-established every time I login.

Installed app problems: Google contacts need to be re-established periodically.

• marcaronson408

I've found another issue -- looks like messages sent by sometime to multiple recipients don't come through.

So to net it out:

1. Web client doesn't stay logged in.
                                                                                            2. Web & PC client lose contacts whenever the client is reloaded or logged back in again.
                                                                                            3. Text messages sent by others to multiple recipients don't come through online.

Marc

• cricenog

Hey Marissa, please keep us posted - I've personally stopped testing on the web/Mac app due to all the issues - the most serious being you send a message, it says delivered, but it does not actually send - sometimes I check right away if it sends via the iOS app but if I forget I have messages that don't send for hours because I forget which obviously is not an option - and have to re-send later, causing obviously communication issues with whom I'm texting with. I'm not behind a VPN or anything fancy, just a typical home router DSL set up. The iOS app on the same connection works fine so I don't think it's a connection issue, seems to be software.

Thanks,

• hunter573

Sure.  Let me know how can I help.

• tmo_marissa

marcaronson408 and cricenog, I've PMed you both!  Thank you.

- Marissa