Trying to use Digits on my LGV20 and Gear S3

imnotgarbage

So I signed up for the beta and it seems I am being shipped a sim card for the gear s3 so i can use one number on both devices.

My question is the gear s3 doesn't have a sim card slot. it has an embedded sim? So how does this work? I feel like i'm doing something wrong here.

All replies

• tmo_evan

When you signed up, did you provide the ICCID of your Gear S3 during the registration process?  If so they should have actually already mapped your DIGITS to the S3 (though there are some settings you'll likely want to change).

If you didn't provide them with you ICCID as part of the registration process, please call the support group.  The number is in the on-boarding email.

Let us know in either case so we can make sure some can help you out if there is still confusion.

• imnotgarbage

Yes i provided my ICCID number during the registration process. After that

i got an email stating a sim kit was ordered and is being shipped to me. Do

i need to change settings on my gear s3? As of right now my gear s3 is

calling and text from the number that it was assigned during activation and

not my main number i want to use on multiple devices.

• tmo_evan

Oops!  Looks like they didn't quite set you up right. Can you call the care number that was provided during the on-boarding and ask them to do a SIM swap on your "DIGITS beta duplicate line" to the SIM for your Gear S3.   They likely will need to get the master list and make sure to get an extra SIM in order to move your existing wearable plan over to in the meantime.

Also after they do this, you'll want to adjust your Gear S3 settings so that notifications about messages, calls, etc aren't replicated to the watch as well as consider leaving cellular on all the time on the watch.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • imnotgarbage

So it seems that the sms part is working for my gear s3 but incoming calls are not. When someone calls it only rings on my lgv20 and not my gear s3.

I also think the only reason my text are working for both devices is because the gear s app on my phone is sending my messages remotely even though I have that feature turned off.

Just for clarity bluetooth is turned off on my gear s3. the duplicate number is set to my gear s3 line.

Thanks again.

• tmo_evan

Did you ever get a text message that said something like Phone# is now paired with Phone# (your main phone number)?  If not you'll need to wait for that message before texting and calling works properly.  It should take about 1 hour after the activation by care.

If you did already get that, then we'll need to troubleshoot just a little more.

Let us know......

• bunk

Re: Trying to use Digits on my LGV20 and Gear S3

how should i configure my gear settings now that my primary # is duplicated for it

• tmo_evan

In gear manager:

turn auto forwarding off

turn off notifications for messages, calls, voicemail

I like to keep cellular on all the time, this way your messages aren't queued up after you unpair from the phone

There will be an update early next year that will automate this change and fix the queuing of messages if you don't keep cellular on all the time.

• bunk

how do i turn the celluar on all the time and does it drain more battery

• tmo_evan

on the gear go to settings>connections>mobile networks select always on

it does have an impact, I personally find it acceptable since I charge every night when I go to bed.  As I mentioned there will be a software update early next year that will let you keep it in on auto on/off

• lrosado

I am having the same issue, my gear s3 isnt receiving any calls or texts. They opened a ticket but I keep getting the run around. They tell me it's a beta and NO guarantee it would work. Which makes no sense to me. Seems my phone and watch are not paired. Also, is it required for my gear s3 to have an active line? I do have it activated but if I don't need to have it active I would rather cancel the gear line and just use the digits service . Any info that can help would be greatly appreciated.

• bunk

ok so know the notifications wont auto clear when i see them on the phone i have to go to the watch and clear the notification

• djspartan24

I have my gear s2 working with DIGITs.  However, I have a small issue.  Because my phone and watch are connected remotely via my samsung account, I am getting duplicate text messages.  I assume because my phone is recieving the text direcly via the DIGITs configuration, but then immediately I get a second duplicate text assume through the forwarding of the Samsung account connection.  I have turned off text message notification for my watch so I don't actually get notified twice, but I see two messages whenever I go into the text app on the watch.  Not sure how to disable the forwarding from the phone through the samsung account.  I don't want to disable connection via Samsung because I don't want to lose the ability to locate my phone or watch.  I also need to get alerts from other apps installed on the phone.

Let me know if anyone has an idea on how to resolve this.  I'm sure I am just missing a setting somewhere.

Thanks!

• tmo_evan

Can you go to HTTPS://mydigits.t-mobile.com/consumer

From there you should be able to select the phone # that was supplied for your duplicate line for the beta.  It should have an option to select the line you want to pair.

if it is already paired let us know so we can investigate.  They should be filling a ticket for you if you're having an issue.  Make sure you are calling the special number for the beta.

• tmo_amanda

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!

• tmo_amanda

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!