Regret switching from Verizon in SoCal. Slower speeds and worse connectivity no matter the location

stangorang

I recently switched from Verizon to T-mobile after about 10 years with Verizon. At the same time I upgraded from the iPhone 5s to the new iPhone 7.

Overall I am extremely disappointed with my decision.

I have an iPhone 6 on Verizon as a work phone to use as a comparison and no matter the location (home, work, out and about) the Verizon coverage and data speeds are superior. Two of my three work areas have zero T-mobile coverage while the Verizon phone has full bars. The Verizon phone on 2 bars of LTE is superior to T-mobile on any number of bars. I have yet to find a single location in Orange County where T-mobile is equal to Verizon.

I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps. Resetting this and that results in little to no improvement. I have chatted with tech support via the T-mobile app and that has amounted to nothing.

My last hope is that there is some known issue with T-mobile and the iPhone 7. Unfortunately, I unknowingly purchased the GSM version of the iPhone 7 so switching back to Verizon won't be easy.

Is there anything left to do at this point.

Perhaps T-mobile should focus less on gimmicks like T-mobile Tuesdays and concentrate efforts on really being as good as Verizon, because from where I am standing that claim is complete BS.

Attached is an example of what 2 bars of LTE gets you on T-mobile when tethered to my macbook. Untethered results are the same. Upload speeds are almost always faster than the download speeds.

Crappy tmobile copy 2.jpg

All replies