How long does it take to have my iPhone unlocked

whlweb@qq.com

Hi there, I have an T-mobile iPhone which is completely off EIP plan, I requested an unlock on Friday, the rep said she is processing the unlock and it should take 24 hrs, but now it's almost 2 days, my iPhone is still locked, how long on earth will the unlock usually take.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey there!  Congrats on paying off your phone!  I'm sorry that you're still waiting on your unlock confirmation email.  If you meet the requirements outlined to Unlock your mobile wireless device it's typically not a lengthy process.  Usually you'd wait anywhere from 24 - 48 hours for approval - and then with iPhones since they're unlocked remotely instead of manually with a code, there is an additional 24 hour wait from when the unlock is approved and when you can complete the reset process.  However, if there are any hang-ups with the process, it can take as long as two weeks.  You should get a confirmation email once the approval portion of the process is complete, and that email's time-stamp would start the 24-hour count down clock.  Have you received any communication from us since filing the request?

- Marissa