raybone

tmo_adam_c update the page that says there is and update for the LG Leon LGH345KT on December 6, 2016 telling the US T-Mobile customers who own and still use the LEON that they can now update there phone to sw version H345K android 6.0.1 but no one that I've talk to has been able to get either by way of OTA push or using the PC app. WTH is going on? even going straight to the LG servers, the servers with the update and running a check using your phones esn will come back with a reply that H34510J is the most current version which isn't android 6.0.1 check it out for yourself http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=

just put your phones IMEI number after the = sign and hit enter make sure to use Chrome IE doesn't work

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: What's going on?

Hey raybone,

The update was made available on 12/5 and it is a tiered roll out which means not everyone will get it at the same time. I would recommend that you keep checking for the update in the phone settings so you can get it as soon as it is available to your device.

• ritch

It's the end of december and still no update pushed to my Leon.  No sign of anyone on social media getting the update.

• raybone

I here ya, and I'm finding it a little strange that no one is talking about

what I would call a major update except to complain about how they haven't

received it.

Not even here, I mean you would think someone with this update would have

something to say good or bad, but know there is nothing. I mean even in

Europe where they have the Leon version 340 they got Marshmallow several

months ago and right from the start people where talking about it .I really

don't know what to think.

• tmo_chris

Hey folks,

We appreciate your patience while we work to get this update out to as many users as possible. I do not have an exact date as to when the roll out will be finished but just know that it is available for the device and will be sent to you as soon as possible.

• raybone

ritch

You should be able to install this update starting today using the PC route plug your phone into a usb port on your computer start LG PC Suite and check for update / upgrade good luck oh and the file size is 1.1gb

• ritch

LG site only has up to version H

They are way behind

• raybone

I know, the last time LG updated the support page for the Leon was June 10,

• ritch

Did I see somewhere that marshmellow is not part of the upgrade we are waiting for?

Could it be in 2 parts?

• raybone

I'm going off of what it says on the support page here that version h345k is android 6.0.1 but seeing how I just got done installing version h34510k and it not being android 6.0.1 and still only 5.1.1 will.

I did notice one thing during the update before it started it said it was a 2 part update part 1 was the h34510k and part 2 was LRM1 but here is the thing part 2 file size was none part 1 was 1.1gb. And one last thing I looked up my ESN on LG's servers and it doesn't show the leon h345kt as having any version of Marshmallow it shows it as on version K of the lollipop 5.1.1  So I really don't know what T-Mobile is up too but I feel betrayed by them I wasted almost a full month of my time checking daily for the upgrade to find it was a lie. The thing is I thought it was to good to be true from the get go but T-Mobile staff kept coming on here and reassuring me it was real. I even questioned the 79mb file size of this upgrade when I know for a fact that android 6.0.1 is at least 800mb but by the time the carriers get a hold of it, it clocks in at just over a gb so 79 mb seems way to small not unless they got a hold of some top secret compression software that is able to pack a gb down to under 100 mb

• ritch

I would go back to the other t-mobile thread we were on and complain.   Also...where is this adam who posted the original info about marshmellow?

• raybone

Adam for a moderator he sure is hard to get a hold of about this upgrade, considering most moderators are overbearing when it comes to deleting post this one just seems to ignore everything.

• gramps28

If it's adam_c he's not a moderator but at one time he was.

He now does the update pages and a few other things. It looks like he hasn't

updated his bio.

I've sent him a private message with this link so he can respond.

• raybone

Thanks

• ritch

I just received the security only update on both my LEONS overnight. Like you said... no 6.0 marshmellow.

Adam is nowhere to be found.

• tmo_adam_c

Hi Ritch,

We just released the latest software update to software version H34510k today. The software rollout would have begun around 12:01AM this morning. This software should also include Android M 6.0.

Thanks!

• ritch

The software update did NOT update to marshmellow.  I have 2 LEONS and both updated to the same thing overnight

phone now says andriod version 5.1.1

software version now h34510k

So no Marshmellow.  The only file that downloaded was a 62 meg file. Please check your server to make sure it was programmed correctly.  Again,

no marshmellow. Still on 5.1.1

• raybone

I didn't get a 62 meg file mind was 1.1gb but like I said earlier the other

day there was 2 downloads one was h34510k which was 1.1gb and the other was

something called LMR1 but it had NONE for the file sizes

• raybone

Adam I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are incorrect when you say Software version H34510K is android 6.0.1 Adam it is not Android 6.0.1 no it is still Android 5.1.1 also it was a lot bigger than that 70.9 now 62.? mb you put on the software page this update was 1.1gb and and it wasn't even Marshmellow. One other thing since I got this update not today but 4 day ago I went ahead and downloaded this update again because you said it was released today 12:01 am and reran the upgrade /update and guess what it's still not Marshmellow it's only Android 5.1.1 version H34510K. One last thing what I'm saying has been verified and several major blogs have also verified and some are holding their tongues and only saying that this wasn't the marshmallow update.

• tmo_chris

Hey everyone,

I hope you all have your campfires going cause we got a fresh batch of Marshmallows coming at you. The update went out this morning. You will receive notifications on your phones letting you know that it is ready to download/install. Be advised that this is still a tiered roll out so keep the fires fueled so you can enjoy that marshmallowey goodness as soon as it is sent to you.

• tmo_chris

Alright, I need a crow or a foot to put in my mouth. I am really sorry but it looks like the update is not quite ready yet. Just know that it is in the works and being fine-tuned as we speak. We greatly appreciate everyone's patience in all of this.

• raybone

that explains a lot thanks

• ritch

And when did you find it was not ready yet? 

• tmo_chris

Just a few moments ago

• ritch

So another 2 months have passed...are we any closer to getting the LEON update to marshmellow?

• tmo_chris

I apologize for the delay @ritch I do not have an exact time as to when Marshmallow will be available. Just know that we are working to perfect it so that there are no issues once it launches.

• raybone

I would like to know as well because that answer they keep giving seems a little fishy, since they have been working on this all of December, January and February so it's been held back now almost 3 calendar months for a grand total of 85 days what do they have 1 person working on it part time but even then that should have been more then enough time to finish and release this update.

but hey as of last night we now have received wo more updates to 5.1.1 we are now at version L which the update upgrade page doesn't even reflicked

• edwardp

Confirming one of my Leon's received an update last night to L and the Android version is still 5.1.1.

My other Leon also displayed the update available message and when the phone was checked this morning, I chose to apply the update, not only did it NOT update, the screen where you check for updates, tells me that the phone is up to date and shows revision K.