10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2017 11:00 AM by tmo_marissa RSS

headphones noise

0302huang1

when I use wechat to listen to the voice message, it makes  noisy. (not speaker) I can not hear clearly

• 1. Re: headphones noise
          tmo_marissa

Hey 0302huang1, sorry to hear about this noise problem - I'm sure it doesn't make it easy to communicate!  Is this happening with everything you listen to through your headphones, or just WeChat?  Have you tried more than one set of headphones?

- Marissa

• 2. Re: headphones noise
            0302huang1
            • 3. Re: headphones noise
              tmo_marissa

I'm so sorry, the reply here doesn't show any content.  Can you try responding again?

- Marissa

• 4. Re: headphones noise
                0302huang1

just wechat .and  just  when i listen voice from earpiece not by headset .but if  i ues  any headset is ok .no  noise

• 5. Re: headphones noise
                  tmo_marissa

Hmmm - let me clarify, you can hear WeChat voice messages when you connect a headset, but not when you're listening directly from the phone - and this does not happen with any other type of message?

It sounds like a permissions issue - WeChat would need permission to play a message through your phone, although it seems like it's playing just fine through AUX.  You would have this same problem recording messages if WeChat didn't have permission to use your phone's microphone.

We're not really able to troubleshoot third party apps because we're only trained to support native apps here - but I did some digging online for you and found a WeChat help page that might be useful as far as providing instructions on how to look for the permissions section and make sure everything's turned on.  You can check it out here: WeChat Help.  Can you take a look and let me know if that helps?

- Marissa

• 6. Re: headphones noise
                    tmo_marissa

Hey there!  Just wanted to see if you'd been able to work with WeChat to get this issue resolved!  Hope everything's going okay - we'd love to know what the fix was if they were able to offer one!

- Marissa

• 7. Re: headphones noise
                      0302huang1

no ,this issue still here

• 8. Re: headphones noise
                        0302huang1

when I use headset is good, not abou headset or wechat ,its phone problem

• 9. Re: headphones noise
                          tmo_marissa

I'm sorry that you're still having this problem 0302huang1.  If it's isolated to your device, then in the case of third party apps I'd recommend first uninstalling and then reinstalling the app.  I know you've been dealing with this for some time, so you may have already attempted this - can you let me know if you have?

I was assuming WeChat was the issue because it seemed like that was the only time you were experiencing this noise problem - I'm so sorry if I read that incorrectly!  Do you have the issue with other sound from native apps on your device as well?

- Marissa

• 10. Re: headphones noise
                            tmo_marissa

Happy New Year!  Just wanted to drop in and see if you'd had a chance to check for any similar noise issues on stock/native apps on your device!  I know this is a pretty busy time of year - if you've had the opportunity to test it out, please let us know!

- Marissa