DIGITS beta Q & A

tmo_phillip

DIGITS Logo.pngHello, all you lucky beta invitees! Have questions about the DIGITS beta? Well we've got answers.

Feel free to ask in this thread, hit up our lovely documents, or ask your own!

All replies

• angelagiese

Re: DIGITS beta Q & A

Lots of friends are asking how much DIGITS will be after beta.

• frozensoil

So as the account holder I could theoretically put all six lines of my account on my phone and intercept calls and texts from my whole family? Seems a little creepy.

• frozensoil

OK so here's a legitimate issue. When using your number on other devices you can see all the messages sent and received on those devices but you can only see the received messages on the device that has that phone number.

Example: Text sent from my phone using Messenger to my wife shows up on phone I sent from and the online DIGITS but if I send a text online it doesn't show the message I sent.

Suddenly every other device I use is superior to my native device because all the conversations are synced... Is there a plan to incorporate it so that the Digits app could at least sync your messages with your messenger app? I use MightyText at the moment and it does this so it's definitely possible.

• mharris7000

Hi there!  I signed up by entering my email and phone number but have not received a link to complete registration.  Does anyone know when Ill get the link?  I'm dying to start using the beta version of Digits!

• mharris7000

I was wondering if we can get clarification regarding one number for multiple devices with Digits.  I would like to have one number ring my 3 phones (2 Android, 1 iPhone)  my iPad pro, my Gear S3 Frontier,  and my computer when I'm logged on.  I also need to text from all listed devices.  I currently do this with Google Voice without issues by downloading the Google Voice / Hangouts app.  Can this be done with Digits by downloading the digits app on my phones and iPad? Or will I need a total of 4 duplicated SIM cards? What about my watch,  which does not have a physical SIM.  Thanks!  Matt

• tmo_chris

Hey mharris7000,

During the BETA, we will only be sending 1 duplicate SIM card (selected during the registration process). Using the DIGITS app on multiple devices allow you to manage any virtual numbers you have set up from the specific device you are using. During the BETA, only 1 virtual number will be provided.

• mharris7000

Chris, I have a few follow up questions.

1.  In one of the demo videos it shows multiple phones, tablets, and a watch all with the same phone number.  I understand the phones will need duplicate SIM cards.  What about the tablets and the watch (the watch does not have a physical SIM - So how does that work?).

2.  If I have duplicate SIMs' in my iPhone 7 Plus and my Galaxy Note 5, will I be able to use the native messaging apps (Apple iMessage / Samsung Messenger) for texting?  What about the native dialers to send and receive phone calls?

3.  What about when logged onto the Digits website with my MacBook?  Will my MacBook ring like a phone when someone calls my one number for all devices?  Remember my MacBook does not have a SIM card either.

Any finally, please forgive me for being a pain in the rear with all my questions! LOL.  I'm just trying to get full understanding before I port my Google Voice number (that I've had for 15 years) over to T-Mobile for use with Digits.

Thank you!

Matt

• beauboy1967

First off great job T-mobile! , I'm very happy to be chosen for this beta test run on the best network being T-mobile.

I'm currently running test on Galaxy S7 & Galaxy TabA.

Sign in & setup was trouble free , GS7 primary # calls are being pushed to TabA with out going calls & text displaying primary # when received everything working well ,This is the case on wifi connection also network.

If you have any questions feel free to ask & I will do my best to provide info needed.

Thanks,

Phil-

• jamesarnett

i am trying to use the change SIM feature with no luck it goes through the whole process and acts like it changed it but it doesn't actually change it?

• tmo_chris

mharris7000

1 - When using the "Multiple devices, one set of DIGITS" all additional devices you want to have the same number will be considered duplicate lines and will needs a physical SIM card. As far as Gear S3 and the virtual SIM goes, I am reaching out to support teams on this to see how it is going to work. Keep an eye here on the DIGITS space for updates.

2 - As of now, with the exception of select Samsung devices, you will need to use the Digits app for calling/texting. We’re currently working with multiple OEMs to bring DIGITS to the native dialer, but until then, we have an app so no one gets left out of the DIGITS experience. For devices using iMessage, unfortunately iMessages will not sync across devices and will need to be turned off for SMS and MMS messages to sync and appear on other devices. To ensure you get your messages, you need to make sure to turn it off across all of the devices you use, including any iPads or Apple computers/laptops you might use.

3 - For the DIGITS portal on your computer, you will not need a SIM card to use DIGITS. The only requirement to use DIGITS on your computer is a Chrome or Firefox browser.

jamesarnett

Are you attempting to duplicate your number for another device or are you attempting to set up a second virtual number on your current device?

• mharris7000

Thanks for the info Chris!

• jamesarnett

I am trying to use the sim change feature in the digits app on iOS. I have included a picture of the button in the app. I am doing the multiple numbers 1 phone beta.

IMG_0161.PNG

• mharris7000

Hi Jamesarnett,

What does the SIM change feature do?  Or what is it supposed to do?

Thanks,

Matt

• jamesarnett

Hi, the 'SIM Change' option is a app setting to refresh the app if you change the SIM card in your phone.  The app verifies the number on the phone's SIM card when you sign in, this option lets you tell the app that you changed the SIM in the phone so it will work properly after a SIM swap.

As to multiple lines on your phone, the app setting menu should show you all the DIGITS linked to your T-Mobile ID.  If you click on a line in the setting menu you can turn it ON or OFF.  Any of the lines you turn ON will be usable in the app for incoming and outgoing calls/messages.

• themagentapanther

Hi, the 'SIM Change' option is a app setting to refresh the app if you change the SIM card in your phone.  The app verifies the number on the phone's SIM card when you sign in, this option lets you tell the app that you changed the SIM in the phone so it will work properly after a SIM swap.

As to multiple lines on your phone, the app setting menu should show you all the DIGITS linked to your T-Mobile ID.  If you click on a line in the setting menu you can turn it ON or OFF.  Any of the lines you turn ON will be usable in the app for incoming and outgoing calls/messages.

Hope that helps and thanks for participating in the beta!

• mattmiz

I have a Samsung GS7 - bought via T-Mobile - and despite checking about 100 times I cannot get the SW update and "Multi-line settings" to show up. Am I doing something wrong? I can use the app of course, but the integrated experience is obviously much better.

Thanks!

• Re: DIGITS beta Q & A

I'm following to see when syncing will be implemented.  It's hit and miss with Android SMS syncing to my phone from DIGITS and vice versa.

• lemmyslender

Using DIGITS one number multiple devices.  Using a Nexus 6P (primary) device, a Nexus 2013 tablet, plus computer.

Two issues that have been brought up already.

1) Messages sent from the tablet or computer don't sync to the primary device.  Without syncing sent messages, it is very hard to read/remember what has been said on the primary device.  Without syncing, the service is unusable.  I currently use Join to allow texting from the computer/tablet and it works excellently, although the phone has to be on and have service.

2) Particularly, on the tablet, using the DIGITS app, it would be nice to allow the selection of a ringtone(s).  The tablet does not have a native dialer, so there is no way to set a separate ringtone for calls and texts.

Any word on whether either of these features will be coming?

• tmo_mike_c

DIGITSBETA.png

This thread was the product of our fantastic collaborators during DIGITS Beta! As many terms have changed and bugs have been exterminated since the Beta launched, the information here may no longer be accurate. If you still have a question, please search our active threads or ask a new question in the DIGITS space!