dlistiyo

Tried pressing down the Volume down, power, and home button, still doesn't turn on. The day before, the battery acted unusual, as the phone showed the battery charging and discharging even when the charger wasn't plugged in. I proceeded to reset the phone, but after it would not charge at all. The next morning, the phone wouldn't even turn on. Any solutions? Also, is this most likely a battery related or hardware related issue? Thank you.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Phone does not turn on or charge.

Yikes dlistiyo - watching my battery icon behave the way you're describing would give me the creeps.  I'm sorry we hadn't chimed in here yet - truth told, without testing an alternate battery and charging system, it's hard to say whether the culprit is the battery or something else.  How is your phone behaving now?  Were you able to work this out, or is it still refusing to power on?

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey there!  Just wanted to see how everything was going - were you able to power your phone up?  Let us know if you still need assistance!

- Marissa

• dlistiyo

Hi Marissa! Sorry for the late response, finals have been taking a lot of my time. Turns out just the port itself is broken, so I bought a new battery and an external charger. Works fine other than the broken port. Thank you for your response to my question!