theonehundred

About 10 minutes ago I was prompted to install an OTA update (around 340 MB I think). I checked the website afterwords and see no new updates, I was already on the latest software version too I'm sure of that. I was hoping this was the Android N update haha, now I just want to know what it was for.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Just got an update.

That is interesting! Did you do the update yet? If so, what does your phone show your Android and Software version are?

• theonehundred

This is what they both were pre download, and yeah I downloaded it.

K55010i

Android 6.0.1

• snn_555

Security update/patch.

• theonehundred

Can someone from T-Mobile confirm this? Or do you have a source link? Did you also get the update?

Edit: Sorry if I seem pretentious but I even comb over every Windows update as I want to know exactly what I'm downloading and what it'll do. It's harder to do this with Android devices since I don't always have sources to confirm before downloading an update so I'll often download it then look into what it was.

• snn_555

Manufacturers are usually behind on their product support pages, especially software updates.  T-Mobile is even further behind them.  My LG G4 just got a 300+MB update.  The update stated small bug fixes (never specific) and the November 1, 2016 security patch.  Typically, anything under 1GB is never an OS version upgrade, being rather a software revision.

• theonehundred

Thanks, mine just said "A software update" and then gave size/instructions.

Sucks as 'till I can get a solid answer it'll be bugging me but you're more than likely right. I knew it wasn't Android N after checking the Android version afterward it was still 6.0.1 and also you know, higher end phones still haven't gotten it yet. I was just hopeful.