Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge - no data while on call

shrouwoods

I have a Verizon branded SamsungGalaxy S7 Edge.  I switched to T-Mobile and configured all my APN settings and everything was working fine.  However, recently something changed where I can only use voice or data, but not both at the same time.  As soon as a voice call is being sent or received, the data connection goes away.  Once the call is over, the data connection returns to full strength immediately.  Please help?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey shrouwoods - that's confusing indeed!  If nothing changed with your APNs, then maybe the issue is with app settings?  Did you download anything around this time that would have altered your device permissions?  Have you tried operating in Safe Mode to see if the phone still behaves the same way?

- Marissa

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • apark01

Hi, I'm having an insane amount of trouble with your service and need a lot of help!!

I recently switched over from Verizon, 2 days ago.. and spent 2 days talking with T-mobile agents to make sure the transition would be seamless. I informed them that I'd be porting over 7 phone numbers.. 5 would be BYOD and 2 would be new devices. One of the devices is a Galaxy s7 Edge which will not connect to your network.

After receiving the welcome package, right off the bat I was missing a SIM card and was told it would be overnighted and arrive next day. I still have not received it. Secondly I troubleshooted with your tech department for an hour and tried difference APN's along with resetting network settings and factory resetting the phone. We switched from Global to GSM/LTE and customized APN Settings again. They said they would submit a claim ticket for me and they would call me within 24 hours. I never received that phone call. I called them back and spent 1 Hour and 50 minutes on the phone with then and still have not received any help. I feel like when I informed them about the 7new lines, they promised everything to the moon and back saying everything is compatible and would work. Now that I signed up, theres no help.

• tmo_marissa

Hiya shrouwoods - just wanted to check in again and see if you'd had any luck with testing this or if you were able to figure out a fix! 

- Marissa