LTE Band Specs

ircomm

I would like to purchase a phone with a screen size less than 5 inches. Will the Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32GB (AT&T) work on the T-Mobile network?

Band specs are as follows: LTE : Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/17; HSPA+/UMTS : 850/1900/2100MHz; GSM : 850/900/1800/1900MHz

All replies

• gramps28

Re: LTE Band Specs

It will work but it's missing band 12.

• tmo_marissa

Hey ircomm - definitely glad you're researching before getting a new phone!  T-Mobile operates LTE on bands 2, 4, and 12.  If you'd like to know what we have available in your specific area I'm happy to take a look at a ZIP for you!  You might also find some useful info in our Not Sold by T-Mobile space on Support - I went ahead and moved this question there, but please peek around!

- Marissa

• ircomm

Thanks for the answers. The Sony Xperia Compact looks like it covers all of the bands. I assume this phone works on 4G and 3G?

LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41 /

UMTS HSPA+: 800, 800, 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 /

GSM GPRS/EDGE: 850, 900, 1800, 1900

• tidbits

Check out Sony Care forums prior to purchasing the phone.  Sony has a real bad track record for supporting their devices, and updating their devices in terms of security. 

Also keep in mind you'll lose out additional features like RCS(advanced messaging, video calling, WiFi calling) if you get the Sony, but for the most part it "SHOULD" work.

I had the ZL to the Z5 Premium.  Z5P I sold for a big loss because of the lack of support and someone wanted it that bad in spite of it.  After a month he called me back and understood what I was saying to him.