thebub1967

I for one am sick and tired of companies offering freebies and then charging you for them on your next bill.  I've worked in transactional accounting for 25 years and I can tell you that this practice is not necessary.  It's really just a way to get an influx of cash right away.  There is no excuse to wait a billing cycle to post credits.  It can all be done at one time rather easily, and I've used about a half-dozen accounting programs that all are capable of doing this.

I recently took advantage of the 2 free lines offer, and I added a free tablet as well.  I currently have 2 lines on the 6GB family plan, so it's $80 per month plus about $10 in taxes per month.  I should be now getting 4 lines for about $100, with only $10 more in taxes per month.  Instead, my first bill is over $160!  That's ridiculous! There is no excuse for charging/pro-rating me for the two extra lines and not issuing the proper credits in the same billing cycle.

T-Mobile, you've been good to me so far, but this is acting like a phone carrier, not an un-carrier.  Tsk, tsk.  

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Two Billing Cycles?  Really?

Hey thebub1967, that's an interesting insight.  Truth be told, I can't speak to the intricacies of our billing system to offer a stellar explanation for the lag in promotional credits, but I understand where you're coming from - your frustration at paying and waiting to be reimbursed is legitimate, and we could do a better job of at least warning that this was the case up front.  I hope we've at least let you know that if you're missing credits on the first bill after adding your two free lines (and it sounds like a tablet line, also), you will receive double credits on the second bill - I don't want you to think that it's a permanent, rolling delay.  I do thank you for using the Support forum to provide us with this feedback - I'll definitely pass it upward.  I can't make any promises if or when we'll be able to tighten the process, but I think you make a great point.  Thanks for taking the time to let us know, and I'm sorry that we let you down in this instance (especially if we reminded you of the Other Guys).

- Marissa

• thebub1967

Re: Two Billing Cycles?  Really?

Thank you Marissa for your thoughtful response.  I guess I didn't know what to expect on my first bill.  It wasn't $160+ for sure.  If you could pass it upward, that would be great.  I'd love to see an un-carrier announcement made one day regarding this practice.  I believe many people would appreciate it, and perhaps ditch their carriers for one who "gets it".