zenx2

Hello All

So I have a gear s3 and I am in a strong to moderate service area and I cannot get it to connect in stand alone mode. I have tried customer support apparently they have no idea why. The only way I can get it to connect is to go to a larger city and it connects no problem. However tmobile like i said shows strong signal and I have all BARS and 4G on my watch...

Anyone had a similar problem???

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Gear S3 Will Not Connect??

Hey zenx2!  That's a huge bummer - that's one of the coolest features of the watch, it's crazy that standalone is working in certain areas, but not in others.  Have you noticed any issues with your device in these areas?  I can't think of why the watch would connect to LTE (that's my read on the statement "in larger cities") but not 4G.  Did you purchase this Gear S3 from T-Mobile, or elsewhere? 

- Marissa

• zenx2

Hello

Watch works 100% in Harrisonburg, Va and Lexington , VA all the areas in between that show strong service I lose service. Its almost like the watch is not being permitted to ROAM?? My home town in Staunton, Va which i have spoke  with technical support numerous times and they advised there was a Tmobile tower within minutes from my residence. I have been told since the watch came out that my tower was being modernized and any day it would be up and running. I am running close to my return time so I guess it will have to go back   Shame its awesome watch just will not connect unless I am in these larger cities.

• tmo_marissa

Hey zenx2 - I am honestly at a loss, and wondering if modernization is keeping this from happening for you.  I wanted to just touch base and let you know I've reached out to a contact for some more insight - thanks for hanging in there!  As an aside, I'm familiar with all of the areas you're mentioning - I'm sure they're chilly and beautiful this time of year. 

- Marissa

• zenx2

Thanks for helping I got like 8 days figure it out then I'll have return it   Been trying twice each day to connect. I still get text no voice..Just same message unexpected network response. I actually drove to tower and not a person out there working on tower. Little frustrated

• zenx2

So I was just online with a rep and was told tower is being modernized and would be finished on jan 6 however rep before that told me could be done any day??? So my return period is 26 th of December. So frustrated now I will have to return yet another watch and order another not knowing if it will even work. I did go up to Harrisonburg Va today and watch connected no problems. So I do believe it is def. a tower issue....So frustrated!!! My first watch hasnt even been credited back to my account yet !! Might be done with tmobile

• tmo_marissa

Hey zenx2, so sorry for the delay.  It definitely does sound like a tower issue at this point - I'm so sorry you're still waiting!  I didn't know this was the second watch - did you have a first watch that you returned thinking it was defective, or did you trade one in?  I would hate to encourage you to wait for connectivity by a certain date and push you past your Buyer's Remorse window, because honestly I can't guarantee it. 

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

How's it going zenx2?  I just wanted to check in with you and see if you'd seen any improvement in that local tower or if you'd decided to return your S3 within the Buyer's Remorse window.  I certainly hope it's the former - that would be much better news!

- Marissa

• zenx2

I still have watch and it's awesome ...but no voice yet. I traveled to Richmond VA today and it worked perfectly..I talked tech support they said its national upgrade and gave me a completion date of January 6th plus or minus a week or two. I guess I am going to keep it take chance of it working soon. I still get data to include spotify and text while in connected remotely using LTE. I actually drove to tower it's just up road from my house and nobody was there that I could tell. Thanks checking in...if you hear something please let me know..

Chad

• tmo_marissa

Well I'm glad to hear it works in my neck of the woods!    I hope this upgrade is completed for you sooner than projected, but I'll let you know if I hear of anything - please do the same!

- Marissa