rashe.dean@gmail.com

Hello everyone,  I have been battling getting a new phone for the last month because my HTC dies faster than a normal phone should die and charges really slow and I have been past my warranty for the last year.  Today my phone is not charging at all and is dead.  Has anyone else had this problem before?  If so, what did you do?  Does anyone know if HTC will provide a fix or new phone? Or will I have to buy a whole new phone on my own?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: HTC One M8 not Charging

Hey there!  So sorry to hear about your phone.  Is it still completely dead?  It sounds like it had a great run, but hopefully you don't have to say goodbye just yet.  It's tough when you have a unibody device, because the main troubleshooting step - replacing the battery - just isn't an option.  If you've already tried alternate chargers, including connecting it via USB to a laptop or PC, and it's still not charging or powering on, then you're sort of at an impasse.  If your phone is covered by PHP or JUMP! insurance, the warranty's extended as long as the phone doesn't have any physical or liquid damage.  If you bring it by a retail store we can do a device check and order you a replacement.

If that's not an option, HTC will likely allow you to send the phone in for diagnostic and repair at a cost even though it's out of warranty.  To be certain, you'd want to reach out to their customer service team here with your IMEI handy - they may even be able to estimate what a battery replacement could run you.  Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns about any of these options!

- Marissa

• wtssuperpower

Hey rashe.dean, Just wondering if you were ever able to get any resolution for your charging issue? 

I told you the folks here were awesome, didn't I?   Very much to their credit, and to my immense relief, they did not disappoint.  Though, to be honest, they rarely do. 

Hopefully, you'll pop back in with an update at some point. 

All best 

• tmo_marissa

Hi there!  Just wanted to check in and see if you'd gained any traction with this charging issue.  Were you able to replace your equipment?  How is everything going?

- Marissa