Community Showcase: Thanksgiving edition

tmo_chris

Hey everyone! Community Manager Chris here again with another installment of the community showcase. I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday with your friends and loved ones but let's not forget who the real MVP is here, THE FOOD!!!

Thanksgiving is probably one of my favorite holidays because not only do you get to spend some quality time with your family and friends, but it is a great excuse to drown yourself in mountains of food! This week I thought it would really cool if we could share some pictures of the food we had or have had in the past and any favorite memories you have had while celebrating Thanksgiving.

If you are like me, having just one Thanksgiving dinner pretty much never happens when you have a large family or a big circle of friends. You may end up visiting 2-3 houses on Thanksgiving and with leftovers, it's amazing that you are not in a 5-day tryptocoma. This year I only had 2 Thanksgivings planed with yesterday being my immediate family Thanksgiving and tonight is "Friendsgiving". Every Thanksgiving I have with my immediate Family my mom likes to try different Turkey recipes and they have all turned out wonderful. This year we merely avoided disaster when we found out that the turkey was not fully cooked only after carving into it! Not one but two thermometers lied to us so we had to reheat the oven and toss the bird back in for another 2 hours. The Turkey still came out super moist and flavorful. I think it was even more amazing because I was so hungry and then had to wait another 2 hours!

Friendsgiving is a tradition that we started about 5 years ago where we all get together the day after Thanksgiving and have another feast and play games. It's just friends, spouses and good times. It started off with everyone bringing their leftovers and just throwing it all together but we have evolved it a bit more and actually cook up a whole Thanksgiving feast. For those of us who don't pass out, we will fire up some Rock Band and throw down on some sweet jams!

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday season! If you have some time, I would highly recommend checking out our Community Blog where we are featuring a pretty sweet app called StoryCorps. You can use StoryCorps to help you capture some amazing memories with your loved ones this holiday season that you can either share with everyone or just keep for yourself.

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG