why my wifi button not turning on?

realmckoy

why my wifi button not turning on? How can I fix it?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: why my wifi button not turning on?

Hey there realmckoy - I'm sorry you're having trouble with your Wi-Fi!  I totally rely on mine.  What happens when you press the icon to enable your Wi-Fi on your phone?  Does it engage and then turn off in a little bit?  Or does it not turn on at all?

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Just wanted to drop in and see if you're still having this problem!  Let us know a little bit more about what's happening with your Optimus's Wi-Fi connection if you can, and I'm happy to dig up some answers for you!

- Marissa

• magenta5090738

A recent Google Update keeps bricking the Wi-Fi scan unless a factory reset is done despite 3rd party apps seeing a fully working wifi.  Losing all phone data weekly is thoroughly unacceptable as the OS hides all user data in unreachable & unrestorable locations.

Issue brought to Google Support and they closed the ticket blaming T-Mobile's "Custom OS".  So it's now up to the provider to either correct the system failure or take legal action with the big G for intentionally damaging your product in an anticompetitive manner.

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/79732637

ku...@google.com added comment #5:  (note the source-spoofed email address...)
              Thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, this issue is not reproducible with our version of the AOSP source code for Pixel devices. Please file a bug with the respective OEM, as they are using their own customized version of the AOSP source code. This bug will be marked as closed.