seeley

Marissa,

I just want to say that I have the exact same issue as bluefirez5 and unfortunately LG Bridge does not support the G3 and the older LG PC Suite doesn't seem to recognize it either (many attempts).

I have an LG-D851 and it's stuck on the 2016-04-01 security patch level. I have been trying to upgrade for months but the 78.4MB update always fails. I have 18GB of internal storage available.

I need to get this to the latest Marshmallow security version for my work. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

I tried replying to the existing thread but for some reason it would not let me.

Thank you,

Joe

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hi Joe!  That's a bummer - I'm so sorry to hear you're having the same problems completing the update (and that the thread wasn't letting you post?).  I'd like to gather all the info I can from you - did you bump into any issues completing your last update, or were you able to do it OTA without issue?  Do you get any error messages when you're trying to walk through it?  What troubleshooting have you completed so far?  When you try to update your phone, are you connected to Wi-Fi or just the network?

Thanks in advance for filling me in! 

- Marissa

• seeley

Re: Also have problem with 78.4MB Software Update

Never had any issues updating via OTA (including Marshmallow) until this patch. I've tried so many times, I can't tell you whether it was always via wireless or data. The file always downloads, and then states that it requires a reboot to apply.

But when the phone powers back on, instead of successfully installing the patch, I see the little dead/hurt Android picture like this: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/h5QbsUsQx70/hqdefault.jpg

It then reboots again and I'm stuck at 2016-04-01, Build MRA58K, Software version D85130d.

I would love to install this via my PC, but not sure if there is a way to proceed?

I'm open to any troubleshooting suggestions, I'm out of ideas.

Thank you for your prompt reply,

Joe

• tmo_marissa

Hey seeley - yowch.  So as far as I know, the only way I'm aware of to complete it via PC would be the very one you advised isn't working for you.    Just curious - I know it's a bear, but given how long you've been trying to complete this, have you done a master reset at any point?  Also wondering if you've reached out to LG at all and if they had anything to offer?

- Marissa

• seeley

Marissa,

Here's an update: I finally got LG PC Suite to recognize my G3 by uninstalling all LG software and drivers and then installing LG PC Suite cleanly.

However, when I click on "Upgrade check" I'm getting "cannot connect to upgrade server".

I have not checked with LG yet since when I searched this T-Mobile forum came up with an exact hit of the problem.

I have not done a master reset but am open to doing so if there's no other recourse.

Thanks for your assistance, I do appreciate it.

-Joe

• seeley

Marissa,

Here's a happy update: I kept doing an "Upgrade check" from LG PC Suite throughout the day and finally about 10pm last night it connected to the upgrade server.

About an hour later my phone was upgraded to Android security patch level 2016-07-01, Build MRA58K, Software version D85130e.

Not sure this is the latest, but it's progress. My advice to others is to check running the Upgrade check from LG PC Suite until a connection is established. The system is flaky at best, but it worked for me.

Thank you for all your assistance through this.

-Joe