Solved

VZW S5 SM-G900V to use on T-Mobile

• 20 November 2016
  • 12 replies

Hi All,

I have a VZW Samsung S5 phone and I am trying to use T-Mobile sim on it. I am able to make/receive phone calls and text but data does not works. I called t-mobile customer support and they asked to setup the APN as per below settings which I did but it still does not works. If anyone can help me on this issue it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Name: T-Mobile US LTE
  • APN:fast.t-mobile.com
  • Proxy: <Not set>
  • Port: <Not set>
  • Username: <Not set>
  • Password: <Not set>
  • Server: <Not set>
  • MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
  • Multimedia message proxy: <Not set>
  • Multimedia message port: <Not set>
  • MCC: 310
  • MNC: 260
  • Authentication type: None
  • APN type: default, mms, supl
  • APN protocol: IPv6
  • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
  • Turn APN on/off: APN turned on
  • Bearer: Unspecified
  • Mobile virtual network operator type: None
  • Mobile virtual network operator value: <Not set>
icon

Best answer by jhstone 23 November 2016, 01:00

View original

12 replies

On my wife's VZW S5, I had to leave the APN protocol on IPv4 and set the Bearer to LTE to get a data connection. You may need to remove the spaces in the APN type as well.

Thanks. It worked.

Thanks @jhstone​ , setting the Bearer to LTE worked for me as well! 😀

This worked for me, too! Thanks!

This was perfect, thanks!

Ok, spent an hour with 'tech'. After we ended with no fix. I found the fix my accident. I had my VZW S5 setting WITHOUT SPACES (default,supl,mms) . Then I tried it WITH SPACES, (default, supl, mms) and it worked and my ' 4G ' is lighted up and bright and the data now works, I also did the 'bearer' to LTE.

thanks, it worked for me also t mobile should edit there help sites to this as I followed their site to the T and nothing but did this and it works perfectly now you don't know how much this helped me out!

I was going nuts -- had spent a large chunk of yesterday on FB with some very helpful people and nothing worked.  But you did.  Thanks!  Now I don't have to send my phone back and start over.

Nearly three years later and your post is still providing just the help needed. I had struggled with this for days and even tried a new sim card at the T-Mobile store. The store said when he looked up the ESN he "discovered" that the frequencies were incompatible with some changes being made for 5G rollout. I knew there must be a fix, and you provided it. Changing Bearer to LTE is what provided the magic, although I thought it was another dead end at first because the 4G indicator still didn't light up. When I rebooted the phone (powered off and back on again) for a different reason voila, the 4G indicator lit up like a Christmas tree.

Thanks!

Badge +1

dig up my old samsung and decided it to put into use and your post made my day….thank you.

Hi I had followed the set up of APN and I got $G lighted up and able to received the text only but not the call. Is anyone can help me with that? I know this phone is outdated but I just want to use it for my second phone to received a call and text for my buisness number. Please help

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

they have taken 3G away which is what your phone would need in order to make a call. or at least theyre currently shutting it down. so whatever device you decide to use would need to have VoLTE capabilities..TMOs variant of it at least.