Unwanted Calls From Nepal

949-466-8894

I have been receiving numerous calls per day from +977 Nepal and tried speaking with customer care about how to block them.  They suggested i go in te phone app and settings and add the +977 country code to te block list.  Well I did this and yet still receive the calls.

Help!  This is driving me nuts!

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Unwanted Calls From Nepal

Hey there Jeff!  This sounds super annoying - and I'm sorry you were provided steps that didn't work.  I did some digging online and almost every recommendation is for some kind of third party app.  I typically have misgivings about giving control of my dialer to an outside application - but I think in your case it would really be a risk/benefit call, because multiple calls per day from what may be a scam sounds just awful enough for me to consider it.  Our internal systems have provisioning options to block outbound international calls made on the network, but not inbound.  This may sound silly but are they calling from different numbers every time?  What kind of phone do you have?

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Just checking in to see if you'd had any luck finding a workaround or an app to solve this problem for you!  Honestly I'm hoping that it resolved on its own since it sounds so darn irritating - let us know if you still need help.

- Marissa

• 949-466-8894

Still no solution!  T-Mobile rep suggested a plan enhancement of $9.99 per month to block unwanted calls so I am positive theres a network solution.  I dont feel I should have to pay for this "privilege".

• tmo_marissa

Hmm, that's odd indeed - I'm sorry for the mixed messages, because that definitely doesn't help on top of these calls you're getting.  We do have a feature that you can add called Family Allowances  that will block up to ten numbers per line, but it's $4.99 monthly and unfortunately it does not work for international numbers.

The reason I was asking if the calls are coming from different numbers each time and what phone you're using is because I'm wondering if you can save the number that the call is coming from as a contact, and then go into the call settings for that contact and block their calls.  Does that sound like it might be an option, or is that something you already explored?

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Ugh, I'm so sorry!  Since we can't bar incoming international calls for you, and they're coming from different numbers every time, I did a little digging online and it seems there are really only two options suggested in other forums.  The first is the one that you've already tried - using the auto reject + match function to try to block all calls from a certain country code.  The second is to enlist the aid of a third party blocking app.  Different forum users seem to be recommending different apps, so honestly if that's the route you want to go it might be ideal to check around on the Play store and read reviews.  I'd hope that after a while with a blocker enabled the calls would just subside and you could relax and remove it.  As a last (and severe) resort, you could change your number and hope that the calls wouldn't follow you.  I'm sorry that our limitations prevent an on-network solution for you - even if Family Allowances did work for international numbers, you'd be limited to ten - so you'd have to update them constantly and they wouldn't anticipate the number changes.  I hope one of these options works out for you and that the calls stop ASAP!

- Marissa