crispy7613

So how this all began when my phone broke. My lg g4 that I've had for 10 months randomly got stuck in a bootloop on October 4th. I went to the store to see what I can do, since I had no insurance. The person at the store told me my phone was eligible for a warrant exchange of $20. He said the phone should arrive at the store by next week and that I should be notified via text.

The next week comes by, no text has been sent. I go the store just to be sure if it arrived. The person who I talked with before told me that my phone is stuck on backorder, with no estimation date. They told me to call the support number to see what they can do. When I got home, I called support and told them my whole situation. The rep told me that she would speed up the shipment date by putting me on a "priority list". She was nice enough to add $50 of credit on my next bill since I had no phone to use at the time.

Another week comes by and she calls me back. What she says is that I can use a loaner phone to use while I wait for my g4 and that she would credit me on my g4, having less to pay since I was financing. Her supervisor even got on the phone and confirmed that I would be able to go the store and pick up a Galaxy Grand Prime to use as a loaner phone, she even stated that she called the store to have it ready on Wednesday (the call was on a Monday). I was busy until the weekend, so having hope, I go to the store again. When I got there, I asked about the Galaxy, and they said they stopped giving loaner phones a while back, so I was confused. I did some internet research and found out that T-Mobile had stopped doing this over a year ago. Literally, the support reps had lied to me, giving me false hope.

I call support again and asked if there's any estimation date yet. The rep simply says there's no date and that I still have to wait. and apologizes for the misinformation from the other reps about the loaner phone program. I put my sim card in another phone to use in the meantime, its not a good phone to use though, all I could do with it was call, text, and light web browsing. At this point I've became quite frustrated with the fact that I was lied to, and that the only support I got was the $50 credit. After a week or so, I call again to check on the order, and the rep gives me an estimation date, she said that my phone would arrive November 11th and that I would receive a text notification. The 11th comes by, I receive a text that has NOTHING to do with my phone. The text gave me link about blocking third-party charges and ways to prevent fraud, very irrelevant. I call support AGAIN and the rep says I still don't have an estimation date. I have been lied again and been left confused. My experience with T-Mobile has been positive until now, I still owe money on my g4 and can't upgrade yet because my replacement g4 hasn't arrived yet. I have no idea what to do other than to wait, and I refuse to wait more just for my phone. I would want to upgrade since the g4 is prone to its bootloop issue, but I still owe money. I'm really irritated and just want a solution to this whole mess .

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Backorder taking too long?

I know waiting for a working phone is awful crispy7613, and not having an accurate timeline does not help.  I'm so sorry that we set inappropriate expectations about shipment dates and the loaner program that only led to your disappointment - we totally dropped the ball.  To be honest, users have made us aware that there's a serious backorder wait for G4 exchanges right now, and I would rather be giving you a phone than an apology, but I don't want to estimate your remaining wait and disappoint you again.

We know these wait times cause stress for our customers, and we've been assured that our inventory teams are working with manufacturers to ease these delays as quickly as we can. As much as it pains me to say this: your best bet is to wait on the automated notifications for updates on the shipping.  I wish we could tell you more but we do thank you so much for your patience thus far, and I sincerely hope your phone arrives soon.   

- Marissa

• crispy7613

I honestly would've been fine with this whole situation if I had been told that my backorder would take forever and that I would have to be phoneless for a while. Its just times like these where the reps try to keep me happy by giving me false hope when in reality the info they gave was outdated or false. Rather than being lied quite a bit, I would've just had the will to wait weeks and weeks. Honesty is all I need

• tmo_marissa

That makes complete and total sense.  While I would absolutely hope that we didn't knowingly mislead you, more transparency about these timelines - especially when they run long - is a completely reasonable request.  I appreciate your feedback and thank you again for taking the time to post here and let us know what's been going on. 

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey crispy7613!  I wanted to check in with you and see how you're doing - are you still waiting for your replacement?  If so, I wanted to ask you to please take a moment when you can (I know this week is busy for a lot of folks) to Contact Us to see what we can do to make this right.  I'm sorry again about the wait.  Fingers crossed that if you have a chance to touch base with Customer Care over the phone or via social media, we can work something out for you.

- Marissa

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • crispy7613

Hey tmo_marissa!. I finally got a text from T-Mobile on the 16th saying that my phone has been shipped! Although, the tracking number I was given wasn't working, so I didn't know when it would arrive. I called support yesterday and asked the estimated ship date, they said it would arrive tomorrow at the store to pickup. I have been thinking about doing a jump upgrade to an iPhone SE, mostly because many of the recent reviews on the g4 say that some of the replacements bootloop as well. I haven't decided yet though.

• tmo_marissa

Awesome!  I am so stoked to read that.  I had a G4 myself and it died the same sad bootloop death - but that phone was a gift, so rather than exchange it I just upgraded to this V10 and I love it so much that I'm afraid to upgrade again, even though the V20 looks incredible.  I'm glad to hear you have JUMP! - at least you'll be in an awesome position to switch devices if you decide to!  I have to tell you when I heard that we had worked out some escalation processes due to this backorder you were the first person I thought of!  I'm so glad that you'll be picking up a replacement phone tomorrow.  If you do decide to upgrade let us know if you have any questions about new phones!

- Marissa