I called tmobile to take advantage of the iPhone trade-in program a week before the iPhone 7 came out. I was told by the rep that I can trade my iphone 6 (that I owned, not financed) for an iphone 7 at no additional cost to me. Here's what followed:
- I received my iphone 7
- I shipped my iphone 6
- After reviewing my bill I realized they had placed me on their jump on demand program
- I call to correct this mistake
- I am told to send back my iphone 7 so they can cancel / refund
- A new iphone 7 is shipped to me
- I am assured by a supervisor that the mistake has been corrected
Fast forward a month, I received my new bill. I am still being charged for the jump on demand program. I am charged for shipping charges for the replacement iphone 7. I am charged a financing fee for the iphone 7. I am not being credited for the iphone 6 which is now valued around $100.
I was lied to on the phone about the trade-in. I am now being told by a supervisor that I "sold" my mint condition iphone 6 to tmobile for a a little over $100.
I've made about 20 calls regarding this matter to t-mobile. I was promised full credit by some reps and was told that it's my mistake for signing a contract by others.
Where can I get help? At this point I just want my iphone 6 back so I can move to another provider.