shaheenfjg

I had to reset my LG G3 and I did so,  two weeks ago.  Unfortunately I didn't  kept its backup before reset. Now several sites are not being opened, which I have been visiting regulerly before reset. How would it be resolved?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: G3 UPDATE

Hey shaheenfjg!  I'm sorry to hear you had to do a reset!  When you say that sites are not being opened - do you mean that your saved login and password information is gone?  If so, then unfortunately that's expected - you'd just need to enter that information again.  However, if you're saying that you're getting errors going to certain sites that you were able to visit before the reset, then that's not cool at all.  Can you let me know a little more detail?  We'd love to help if we can.

- Marissa

• shaheenfjg

Hi Marissa,

I am grateful  to you for your attention towards my issue.

In datail, I got backup in sd card before reset.  But after reset, unknowingly I went directly to the backup folderon sd card and selected the backup file to restore the data.  A notice appeared " file not supported".

I didn't  take it as an issue and mently prepared  to save my passward and bookmarks again considering it a new device. Later I got all my passwords and bookmarks restored by google.

I was shocked to know that many sites which I have been visiting daily before reset are not being opene , like epapers etc.

Lateron,  I came to know the real path of phone restore,  but when I did so, it indicated that the backup file is damage.

When I perchased the phone a few months ago,  I was told that my Lg g3 has marshmallow operating  system but now this is not found mentioned in software information(about phone).

I am sending you  2 screenshots, one of my phone and other of the other Lg g3 of my friend which may help you understand  my issue.

Regards,

SHAHEEN.

• tmo_marissa

Hi Shaheen!  Thanks for your reply - I'm so sorry, I'm not able to see the screen shots that you sent.  Are you able to try to repost them?  When you try to visit these sites you've mentioned, what happens?  Do you see an error message?  Also, how did you purchase the phone?  Is it a T-Mobile branded LG G3? 

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey there shaheenfjg!  Just wanted to drop in and see if you're still having these issues accessing certain websites.  If so, I'd love it if you could try those screen shots again and answer a few of my questions so I can get a clearer picture of what's happening.  Detail can definitely help us determine why things like this happen, and from there we can try to offer some troubleshooting steps.  Let us know if you're still having difficulty, we're happy to help if we can!

- Marissa