enigmaprime

So basically this will be my 4th G5, first one I got when I signed up for a T-mobile account failed the moment I got it home, my local store is just a few blocks away & they gave me a replacement no questions asked. Five days ago my phone froze & rebooted 3 or 4 times. I did the usual trouble shooting & it appear to be okay after that. Following morning my device was dead.

I contacted T-mobile & they initiated a replacement. Got an email ...

"The replacement device you ordered is being processed. Check out order details for your device below. We'll let you know when your order is on its way."

Following day I get this

"The replacement device you ordered is currently on back order. Check out the order details for your device below. We'll send you an update when your order is on its way!"

I need my phone for work and have been reading horror stories of people waiting over 20 days for a replacement device.

I have JUMP! On Demand

What are my options here, It has been 5 days now with no phone. I am not under contract, I am tempted to just bring my phone to my local store & switch to one of the other carriers.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Your device is on back order

Oh boy that's rough enigmaprime.

Unfortunately, we don't have a workaround for a situation like this. For backorders, we you suggests keeping an eye on the email and SMS notifications. They'll be the best way to look for updates on when your device will ship. We really don't want to see you go to another carrier and I'm sorry I don't have better news.

• enigmaprime

So its been a week, no email, I spoke with a customer rep yesterday, I was informed it could take up to 29 days to get a replacement phone, which I thought was ridiculous.

I informed the rep either I get this resolved today or I take my business else where. She tells me to visit my local T-mobile store & she would leave a note on my account & that they should be able to help me.

I just did that & guess what, no record of my 30 min phone call nor was there any note.

The rep called CS again on my behalf but all they could do was expedite the order, but it would still take about 10 days.

17 days with out a phone?

My question is this.

Since I lease the phone, how do I cancel my T-mobile account & return my hand set with out getting charged for my device.

I'm done with T-Mobile, horrible experience.

• tmo_mike_c

I can only imagine how frustrating this is. I'm really wish I could have been more helpful and we could have done a much better job for you as a company. I don't have account access here so I can't go over how the lease would work if you're cancelling. We'd need to Contact Us and talk with our cancellation team for more info about that. We really don't want to see you go but I do appreciate you coming back and keeping us posted on what's been going on.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there enigmaprime - I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know that we're aware of the tough spot that some of our current exchange backorder timelines are placing our customers in, and we are so sorry.  I want to echo Mike and encourage you to please Contact Us and give us the opportunity to review the situation and do what it takes to make it right.  Best wishes, please keep us updated!

- Marissa

• enigmaprime

Marissa it took 14 days before I got my replacement phone as apposed to the 2 days I was told when I submitted my application for a replacement phone. I spent $60 at staples for a burner because I was a week without a phone. To add to the insult I was charged $5 to pick up my replacement phone at the local T-mobile store. I have approx $300 balance on my current phone to pay off which I am probably going to do this month.

Can you give me one good reason why a customer put through this should stay?

• tmo_marissa

Ouch, enigmaprime, that is a huge bummer.  Being out of a phone for so long is an enormous pain.  This isn't something we want any of our customers to go through - you make a really good point.  I wish we'd had inventory to deliver for you sooner, and we absolutely don't want to see you leave.  I also wish there was more I could offer personally, but we don't have account access in this forum to help with any account changes - we'd need you to contact our Care team.  What I can do is make sure that the feedback you've given us about this whole situation is forwarded to the right people - we want to eliminate stress for our customers in every way possible, not cause it.  I know this doesn't change what happened, and understandably it's left a bad taste in your mouth, but I'm glad you've gotten your phone.  If you have any other account concerns, your best bet would be to have our Care team take a look and see what can be done to help.

- Marissa

• enigmaprime

Now my replacement phone is doing random reboots, just like the last one!

• tmo_marissa

Nooooo!  That's such a bummer.  I know that at this point you're familiar with all of the basic troubleshooting steps - I'm sure that on your fourth phone you could probably run through them in your sleep.   Can I ask - are you getting all the way through a factory reset and testing your phone by operating in safe mode?

- Marissa

• enigmaprime

Too late, phone would not turn on this morning, completely the same as last phone. did not mention that I installed the latest Android OS update about a day ago, I did the same with last phone.

• tmo_marissa

Yikes.  Clearly, no start is worse than an unexpected restart.  I reviewed the internal space for known issues and this isn't listed (yet?) - neither the reboots nor the boot failure - but I'll forward this thread to the folks we have who work with LG to report it.  I'm sorry this keeps happening to you!  I hate that I'm typing this, but please stop by the store ASAP so that we can get a replacement ordered.  Depending on the backorder timeline (I know it's abated somewhat but can still be pretty lengthy depending on your model), I would honestly suggest that you Contact Us once the order is placed and let us know that you're without a phone during the wait.  We have some recent escalation processes in place when the backorder is lengthy, and knowing everything that you've been through already we definitely want to ensure that we're doing whatever we can to help out. 

- Marissa