gregtrio

T-Mobile people are lying idiots. I bought 2gb data service at a T-Mobile store for $20 for 1 month while my other service was being repaired. I cancelled the service after 26 days and was told there are no further charges. The next month I receive a bill for $20.

*edited to soften language - Marissa

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Why does it cost $40 for 1 month of 2gb data?

Since it sounds like it was a data only plan did you buy a device or already have one?

If it truly was a prepaid plan after 30 days there would be no charges unless you bought a hot spot

on EIP.

• gregtrio

Only a data plan, no hardware. I brought my own tablet which is a T-Mobile Trio tablet.

• gramps28

If it's a prepaid plan once the funds are exhausted your plan is done unless you refill it.

• gregtrio

It did not work out that way. Maybe I should not have cancelled it. It had 5 days to go for one month.

• tidbits

Doesn't sound like you are prepaid.  If you were prepaid you'd NEVER get a bill. Sounds like you went on a no credit check plan.

• gregtrio

I don't know, I told them I wanted 1 month and 2gb of data while my other service was being repaired and that's what they sold me. My first time using T-Mobile and now I hate them.

• barcodeable

gregtrio   You do have a valid reason to be upset with T-Mobile for being over charged on a service you paid $20 Dollars for just to get billed $20 Dollars after you stopped those services (T-Mobile can fix that). I have been with T-Mobile for about 8 years and ai have also hated them too for one reason or another. But each time I had an issue, The T-Mobile Reps fixed the issue, and even given me credit toward my future monthly bills. T-Mobile isn't perfect and Verizon isn't perfect either, i am a former Verizon customer. I actually had a Verizon account and a T-Mobile account at the same time for about 2 years. I was attempting to hold on to my iPhone UNLIMITED PLAN with verizon for as long as I could, but T-Mobile services and their prices intrigued me and I dropped Verizon and switched to T-Mobile. It was a no-brainer decision to switch. I have to admit T-Mobile coverage was horrible in my area especially when it came to 4G LTE, but since then their coverage in my area have improved greatly. Many of my friends and family lauged at me for sticking with a company that has little to no coverage in my area, but Im glad I did.

I have looked at Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T Plans... not because T-Mobile has done anything negatively to me, but I like to see what my options are at all times eventhough when things are going smoothly. As I mentioned I checked, The other companies don't compare to T-Mobile services.

The International Calling Plan is by far better than all the other carriers.

T-Mobile currently charges $15 Dollars to make basically unlimited text, unlimited phone calls, to mobile and land lines in a bunch of countries. And they allow you to use your phone in these countries too without being charged extra. Verizon has 3 Plans where they either charge you by the minute or they give you 1000 minutes of calling time after you pay $20 a month aditional for the plan every month and then after that you get charged 10 cents per minute once you go over your alloted minutes.

Just yesterday I checked out Verizon Mobile Hotspot only Plan and it cost $60 to get a 6GB Mobile Hotspot Data only Plan and $40 Dollars to get a 2GB Data only Mobile Hotspot Plan. Withe T-Mobile I have two (2) Mobile Hotspot Data plans a 6GB plan that has the music freedom and binge on included and the 2GB Plan that also have the music freedom service that cost me only $35 for both (6GB- $25/2GB-$10) and No other company can compare to that.

And I have been upset and a little bit annoyed with T-Mobile coverage in my area as I mentioned earlier in my post. After I purchased my two mobile data hotspot plans At the end of August I began to notice something relating to my coverage area. It isn't the best, but I noticed it's not really T-Mobile's fault at all. My ZTE-917 mobile hotspots work great, they get good coverage evrywhere in my area. I had driven 3 hours on a road trip and 3 hours back and my mobile hotspot maintained coverage the entire time I was so surprised because my Samsung Note 3 did not maintain service. So after I did a little digging I noticed that my ZTE-917 has a frequency band 12 and my Samsung Note 3 does not have this frequency. So all these years I was blaming T-Mobile for a lack of coverage it was actually my fault for not upgrading my phone. So for anybody that complain about cell coverage no matter their provider may be should check out the specifications on their phone to see if they have all the required frenquencies to be connected to their cell phone carriers network.

I would advise you to talk to a T-Mobile rep to get your problem resolved. Im personally not comfortable with the authorized retailers, they usually have good intentions on helping customers but they do not have the resources thet the T-Mobile Customer service have. Those authorized AT&T resellers and Authorized T-Mobile Resellers look like their respective companies on the outside but on the inside they are privately owned. I would deal with the T-Mobile company directly and contact the T-Mobile Billing Department, Im sure they will fix your dilemma.

Please reply back to let me know if T-Mobile fixed your issue

• tmo_chris

Hey gregtrio,

This is something that we can definitely address for you. Please Contact Us as barcodeable suggested so we can get this sorted for you.

• gregtrio

I called, they cannot do anything. It is $40 for the first month for walk-in customers. It is less for on-line customers. I am done with T-Mobile, they hid that from me and therefore are unethical.

• tmo_chris

I am not sure I totally understand what happened here. Are you able to see the name of your plan on your my.t-mobile.com account? Did you find out if you were on a prepaid or postpaid account?

• gregtrio

The receipt says "postpaid." I did not know what that meant at the time but it shouldn't matter, they were paid for the first month in my mind and therefore no further bill is due.

• barcodeable

gregtrio.  YOU ARE RIGHT !!!!! You feel like you were swindled into something you had no CLEAR EXPLINATION OF. That has happened to me with the Authorized Resellers. They sign you up for stuff, and you dont find out about it until your monthly statement arrive. I think the authorized resellers make a commision or something for all the services they add to customers plans. I will be complaining about that issue soon enough, but Im concerened about your issue first. I have read almost all of your post in the last few days, and your fustration is just jumping out from the screen magnifying your ANGER

but the multi million dollar question is....

WIll you allow T-Mobile to RIGHT the WRONG that occurred that placed you into this predicament ?

• gregtrio

Of course, but I have called, chatted, and returned to the store and they all have the same answer: "we cannot change it."

• barcodeable

Don't deal with the store... They can not help you because they may be an authorised reseller. They made money from you, and they apparently do not plan on returning it to you. But it's good to hear that you are willing to allow the T-Mobile Team to make things right again (thanks for being compromising).

You need to reach out to T-Mobile Directly, and If they tell you to go  back to the store, make sure you let them know the store is of little help in this matter. tmo_chris left the contact info , please contact them and explain your situation. Im sure you have explained it over 20 times already, but im confident they can fix this.

Contact Us