Note 5, 150 dollar rebate

danielcho

Hi in May 2016 I purchased a samsung note 5 because of the 150 dollar rebate! Its now November 6 months later and I still havent received my rebate and tmobile wont help and samsung seems to be refusing to give me the rebate through endless phone calls, false dates, and dang lies.

I was approved within a week and that was great! But months and months went by and I never seen the rebate when they said it was 4-6 weeks of processing and shipping. I thought that someone might have stole the check or that it was lost in the mail... I contacted samsung and guess what, they never even mailed when I contacted them 4 months later! I honestly kinda forgot about it till one day I was just wondering how much I paid for the phone.

I contacted them in mid September and the representative assured me that they would ship it out and that I should receive a email stating this within a week because they bumped it to the higher ups known as "LEVEL TWO". NOPE, 2-3 weeks go by and I get an email!!! Here is the email.

Oct 3

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your patience. Your check was sent out a few weeks ago; if you still haven’t received it please confirm your mailing address. If necessary we will happily provide you with a reissued check. During our re-issue process, we do check to see if your original check has been cashed. If your check has not been cashed, please allow 3-4 weeks for processing and delivery. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank You,
    Samsung Tier II Promotion Support

I recomfirm my mailing address and never get a response back.. I then asked if the check was cashed  9 days later and never got a response. I had to call them once again and they got mad at me because the email said to wait 3-4 weeks for processing and delivery. I was just wondering if the check has been cashed and they couldnt even answer the question... They could have just replied to me when I emailed them.. I gave them 3 weeks to reply to my email! And guys this is their tier II other wise known as LEVEL TWO to them

So 4 weeks pass from when I received the email above, (6 months now) and its 11/3/16. I just called them and they said "oh we'll bump this up to level two and it will be shipped out and you will receive an email from us." when thats the exact same phrase they said to me two months ago. I'm at a loss and I dont think I'll ever get my rebate when I did my due diligence and patiently waited. I noticed some other people are having this same issue, is there a tactic you guys used to actually get your rebate? Because 6 months down the road is plenty time in my eyes as they state it takes 1-2 months. Am I just screwed and should kiss the money good buy? So much for samsung being a reputable company.. Any tips guys? Thanks

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Note 5, 150 dollar rebate

My goodness Daniel You have definitely done everything you could have done in this situation and then some! I want to make sure that you are able to get your rebate as that is quite a bit of money! Was this a Samsung exclusive offer or something that we were offering as a promotional deal?

• danielcho

I believe its a rebate through samsung but offered by tmobile if that makes sense? It was offered on the tmobile page when I was buying the phone at the time!

Samsung offering $150 rebate with T-Mobile Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+, and Note 5 purchases - TmoNews

I found the link that was the introduction of the promotion! Tmobile basically said that its not our problem as the rebates through samsung.. I asked if there is some way they could look into it but they told me "No, we offered this discount to you but ultimately it is samsung who will reimburse you, here is their number Samsung 1800 726 7864".

:/

• tmo_chris

Ahh man, okay, thanks for clarifying. It sounds like you have another active escalation with them on this and if I could see the status of it I would totally keep you updated. I would recommend that you contact them again to make sure everything is in place and have them confirm the address they will be mailing it to just to be safe.

• danielcho

There basically just F'ing with me now at this point. They actually replied to me the next day which was really odd for them to do so after I complained with them for a bit. The guy said that I would receive a email within a week and that I would be given a tracking number to go along with the email so I can track the check as it comes to my house!

NOPE

rebate1.PNG

No tracking number and if you read the email they said that it was shipped on 10/3/16 and told me to wait 30 days for shipping. Note: this means that it should already be at my door step as its been 31 days since its been shipped!

Here is their teir II sending me an email on 10/3 (apparently when it was shipped) from when it was supposed shipped out and as you can see they havent ever responded to me. I'm just mad now.

rebate2.PNG

I tried to explain that if it has been shipped out on 10/3 then I would have already received it to samsung customer service and they tell me to reply to the email but as you can see its nearly been a month and they havent replied to me. They say that it takes a while to be shipped out and I asked for the tracking number that I was promised but they said they did not have one.

I've called 3 times trying to talk to a supervisor and they literally placed me and hung up on me 10 mins into hold and 15 mins into hold. I'm currently on hold again and I'm really about to lose my composure.

• danielcho

After getting hung up 3 more times and wasting 2 more hours samsung told me they cant do anything for me, I'm sh*t out of luck. How I even got to a supervisor in promotions is that I called tech support talked to their supervisor and then the tech supervisor transferred me over to promotion's supervisor.

I'm pretty mad right now because they said they cant do anything for me and to reply to the email that has been sent to me. Its been 32 SINCE I REPLIED TO THE EMAIL, with NO response back. I asked for the teir II phone number and they casually told me, number? we dont have it smirk smirk in their indian accent.

Screw samsung and the thick accent representatives known as Smiths, Judy's, and Marks and Michaels, I'll never buy one ever again and tmobile, I dont understand how you can trick your customers advertising a lower price for the phone on your web page when the customer will never receive the money.

Its all ok because tmobile sold a phone for full price though right? They sure made their money off me. Make the customers jump through hoops and dive to the depths of the oceans just to find out that they wont get their rebate back due to "its samsung who offers the rebate". I've been a tmobile customer for over +10 years nearing 15 years with +5 lines through those years and I'm debating switching to a carrier that honors their deals with their customers.

Bye.

• theartiszan

This is pretty much the same with manufacturer rebates for anything really no matter where you buy it. I can tell you with the other carrier's it wouldn't be any different and they can't help because it isn't their rebate to be honored. I had the same thing happen multiple times with places like best buy and staples. You need to follow up with the manufacturer and the company they hired to deal with the rebates.

• danielcho

theartiszan i understand where you are coming from but if a carrier is going to mark down the advertised price of a phone on their website, they should have some sort of obligation to see it through.

Samsung's fine print states that its a maximum of 8-12 weeks.

rebate.PNG

In my case it has been double the maximum, 24 weeks going strong and samsung is still "shipping it" as they have been for the last +5 months as I was approved within a couple of days. They havent shipped jack, and I'm sure that they wont as they tell me the exact got dam thing every month.

If a manufacture stalls out this long the company offering to sell their product SHOULD step in, in my opinion. We all have varying opinions but mine is that if you offer your customers a rebate through the phones manufacture, and they take double the allowed time stated in the fine print they should HELP you to get the rebate they promised you when you purchased the phone.

I'm not saying for Tmobile to reimburse me but to help the customer by giving samsung a kick in the arse asking them why are you F'ing my customers giving them the run around? As in, this poor guy hasnt had his rebate in 6 months when  he filled the correct forms and did everything you stated for him to do, the LONGEST you state is 12 weeks or 3 months. Tmobile could do just that or am I wrong? Is an email or phone call to hard for someone who has been loyal to their company for years?

• theartiszan

I agree it would be nice for that to happen. The seller is just passing along the savings the manufacturer is offering. They are under no obligation to do anything. I have tried the same thing with other companies when this has happened to me and still found my self in the same place you are now.

I agree it isn't good especially when it is such a large amount of money. Even in the case they do call, they would only be speaking with the same people you are and have no real leverage over them either. There is never any channel open for sellers to deal with rebate companies like this either.

If they mailed it and you never got it, they really just need to reissue at this point and give a gift card or something for how long it's been.

• danielcho

theartiszan Well the thing is 4 months in I asked if they shipped it yet and they said nope, but its about to be shipped and I should see it in 3-4 weeks I said ok cool, month 5 i asked again because I didnt receive anything and nope its not even shipped, they ask me to wait another month because they're really going to ship it this time. A month later? Nada. Nothing. Not shipped.

Now its 6 months in and today they send me this bs email (11/4/16)

rebate.PNG

They told me it wasnt shipped on month 5 which is 10/3/16. So now they say it was shipped on 10/3/16 which is total bull sh*t as they told me it wasnt shipped on the phone. I call back and ask for the tracking number as I was told I would receive. They have no clue about a tracking number. Seems like india doesnt use tracking numbers according to the sound of the representatives voice.

But if it was shipped on 10/3/16 3-4 weeks would be 11/3/16. And I havent recieved jack sh*t. I tried to explain this in a nice manner but it seems like they only understand curse words + english = indian competence. English alone = "I dun know, you have to talk to them". Now they state to reply to the email but I did a month ago and no response. Its mind boggling the stupidity of these reps. No wonder the note 7 blows up.6 months in and all samsung has done is have a couple of phones blow up

Edit Tmo_ChrisL: removed personal info from image.

• danielcho

@tmo_chrisl Can you possibly just delete this thread? I dont think I can get any help to possibly get my rebate. And i honestly couldnt figure out if there was a pm feature. Thanks

• barcodeable

JUst a quick observation, it may be wise to black out your personal email address on the pics you posted. Trolls and weirdos can cause problems with that info.