dgchaps

The Motorola site says their unlocked GSM Moto Z and Moto Z Play has been tested and carrier-certified to work on this network. for T-Mobile. User reviews, however, indicate that Wi-Fi Calling does not work for these phones, which for me is a deal breaker. Will T-Mobile ever likely "fix" this, or is WiFi Calling only limited to the phones bought directly from them ?

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Wi-Fi calling on Moto Z

That would be up to Lenovo

• tidbits

FYI work on T-Mobile doesn't mean all features. Just means all cellular stuff should work.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • snn_555

WiFi Calling is a T-Mobile software update usually.  It comes on T-Mo branded phones, but any unlocked phones bought elsewhere would need some update to allow the feature to work on T-Mobile.  Even if a phone has the capability, it is up to the carrier as to if it will work and if updates will be developed for those phones, and also up to the manufacturer as to if they will work with the carrier to develop those updates.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • tmo_marissa

Hey dgchaps - while a handful of unlocked devices (primarily newer iOS equipment) get a T-Mobile download when activated on our network that enables wi-fi calling, by and large this feature is not available to Non T-Mobile devices.  If that's not a deal-breaker for you, I'd love to know if there were particular features you were super in love with about the Moto Z... maybe we can help recommend a phone that we sell which will offer wi-fi calling? 

- Marissa

• awesome_bob

I fell upon this thread from google but I think I can answer this question. The moto Z play is from motorola (which Tmobile has none of) includes a 3,510 mAh battery that lasts forever and allows you to attach a second battery with the motomods function giving it the best battery life of any android phone on the market as well as support for other motomods such as cameras and speakers. It also has a crack proof screen. It includes 3 gb of ram which puts its cheaper price, longest battery life, uncrackable screen phone and higher end specs a very nice package. The only thing Tmobile has that is close is the G6 from LG with its 3,300 mAh battery but no moto mods or uncrackable screen. IMHO Tmobile could do with a few xiaomi, huawei and sony phones as well just to change it up, not all of us love samsung/apple.