Are 4 lines minimum required to keep the popular T-Mobile BingeOn Free Video Service

barcodeable

Question #1. Are 4 lines minimum required to keep the popular T-Mobile BingeOn Free Video Service?

Question #2. If i dropped my two (2) voice lines and kept my 4 Tablet Lines will i still qualify for the BingeOn Service?

I have 6 lines on my account. (2 Voice lines/Simple Choice Plan, 2 Tablet lines[6GB/2GB] Simple Choice North America Plan, and 2 On Demand Tablet Plans). Both of my voice lines have BingeOn, my 6GB Tablet has BingeOn also, my 2GB Tablet has the BingeOn 3x feature that allows me to watch 3 times more video.

After a few days of me trying to help answer a question concerning the BingeOn feature for a fellow T-Mobile customer here on this Support Forum, I have stubbled upon a question of my own.

------

GO TO THIS LINK BELOW AND READ THE FINE PRINT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.

Binge On | Video Streaming without Using Your 4G LTE Data | T-Mobile

(This is the first 3 sentences from the fine print)

Limited time offers; on qualifying plans; subject to change. Taxes and fees additional. Not all features available on all devices. Unlimited talk & text features for direct communications between 2 people; others (e.g. conference & chat lines, etc.) may cost extra. Minimum 4 lines required; max of 10 lines.

--------

i am able to find bits and peices (here and there) detailing the Binge On features, but its never a clear explination. I read on the forum that the T-Mobile ONE Plan

Any documentaion explaing the requirements to qualify for BingeOn services will be greatly appreciated. I seriously believe many of T-Mobile customers would also be eager to know thecriteria for having BingeOn. I know the answer you provide to my question will eliminate future BingeOn inquiries on this forum.

Thank You

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey barcodeable!  I don't want you to worry - that's a standard disclaimer and includes the four line minimum section because we frequently run rate plan promos with a free fourth line.  The "subject to change" disclaimer is accurate, although to my knowledge there aren't any changes planned for Binge On, especially since it was an UnCarrier move - for example, we haven't rolled back Carrier Freedom or Music Freedom! 

For specifics on Binge On, you can look at any of these Support documents: Binge On, Binge On FAQs, and Binge On how-tos.  To answer your question directly, Binge On is based on your data plan, not your total number of lines or even whether you have voice lines and mobile internet lines.  You can have Binge On on your mobile internet (tablet) lines based on the data plan - so if you have it enabled, your 6GB line will be able to have zero-rated streaming with participating providers and your 2GB line will have optimized streaming to stretch that data further.  The two On Demand Only lines won't experience any Binge On benefit, but that's because those lines don't have data plans, although they may have the 200MB FDFL passes.

I hope you don't need to cancel your voice lines, but if you do, please don't worry about your tablets!

- Marissa