Pay an old bill that went to collections by phone at T-mobile automated payment system or T-mobile store?

kiheitek100

I would like to settle my balance FASTER by using either by phone T-mobile Automated Payment System or to a T-mobile store and NOT to their collections!!

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey kiheitek100 - I'm sorry that we lost your business on this account, but we're definitely appreciative of your ask to settle the balance as quickly as possible.  I can't speak to your specific situation since we don't have individual account access, but I can try to explain the process.  Our automated system can only accept payments on an active account, so while you may be able to make a payment with a representative of T-Mobile, that would truly depend on whether the balance has gone to an outside agency yet.  When a cancelled account's balance is sent to a collections agency and payments are made to that agency, it can take a few days to appear on our side.  On the other hand, payments made to T-Mobile directly can take a few days to be transferred back to the outside agency.  Unfortunately, neither process is immediate.  To get specific answers for your account, your best bet is to Contact Us and speak to a representative about which process can be followed!  Best wishes!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hi kiheitek100 - that's correct.  In order to pay at the kiosk, you'd need to enter an active mobile number to get started.  This may be because there are often multiple cancelled accounts with the same phone number - we don't want your funds to be misapplied, no matter how big or small the balance may be!  I know you stated that your objective was to accomplish this payment ASAP, but the only other possibility I can think of is remitting the balance through the mail if you don't wish to make the payment over the phone - however, that may add an additional delay to clearing the balance.  We definitely appreciate the feedback regarding the process - it's my sincere hope that you're able to simply give us a call and settle the balance over the phone with T-Mobile if that's an option, since it doesn't sound like working with the collections agency is particularly enjoyable.  Thank you again for reaching out regarding settling the account!

- Marissa

• kiheitek100

Marissa,

Phone payment is also stated on T-mobile's payment method webpage but I would have to pay 5 bucks (fee) to speak & process my payment to a customer service representative (what?!! customer service wants a Tip!!)!! I used to like T-mobile but I have grown to HATE their poor business practices (pure greed!!) over the years of having their phone service. I'll settle my payment by mail & I never want to have anything to do with T-mobile ever again!! In other words, I will not reactivate my phone & be forced to pay $20 reactivation fee because if I decide to cancel service again in the long run simply because I found a better phone carrier---who knows what T-mobile will charge me for---just for canceling phone service.

• tmo_marissa

Phone payment is absolutely an option - and I assure you the $5 processing fee is waived in scenarios where automated payment options aren't feasible, including payments on canceled accounts.  You're absolutely able to send the payment by mail, but I don't want it to be because of the fee - that doesn't apply to you!  Also, I want to make sure you know that we welcome former customers who'd like to return to apply for new service, but you wouldn't have to pay a "reactivation fee" - it would be a totally new account in this situation.  I can't speak to what start up costs (deposit, down payment for equipment, etc.) would be required as those vary person to person, but if you do change your mind about this please don't hesitate to Contact Us.  I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you again for reaching out here, and wish you all the best.

- Marissa