Payment Arrangement NOT set up fairly

speaker4thedead

Hello. So let me start this off by saying 2 or 3 years ago, my wife had her debit card stolen, and we lost all of the money in the account. Since then, we have refused to use debit/credit cards...and for good reason. If this EVER happens to you, you would stop using  them.

Ok we have been T-Mobile customers for around 5 years. For the last 2, I have called monthly to set up a payment arrangement since my payday and the bill are so far apart. Each month for the last 2 years I have gone into the store and made my payment on or before the arrangement date.

Today when I called to set up my arrangement (of course inside the 10 days) I was told "Starting next month, there will be a $5.00 charge added to all arrangements if you speak to a live representative."

This bothers me because I HAVE to speak to a live representative to set up my arrangement. There is no option to set up an arrangement to use cash as a form of payment. I voiced my displeasure of this. A few minutes later, I get a call from a random 800 number that I rarely answer (the call was NOT labeled as a T-Mobile call.) But being election season, I answered it, thinking it could be a political poll call... It wasn't... It was a lady who claimed to be the supervisor of the girl who set up my arrangement. She said that the representative felt there was a misunderstanding during our conversation, and she had called to help explain it to me.  She goes on to tell me that I dont have to be charged the fee if I don't speak to a representative. I could make the arrangement via the automated service or through the T-Mobile app. I asked her how I can do this without a credit card... And of course her ONLY response is that I should change my billing date to correspond to  that of my payday. She had no other choice but to say that... because there is no other way around it... Without a debit/credit card, I will be charged more than those with one.

This is completely unfair. I have ABSOLUTELY no issue with paying $5.00 for the arrangement if EVERYONE has to pay it... But they don't... And there is no option to pay in the store with cash on the automated service or the app. The rules/COST  should be the same for everyone. I shouldn't be charged more because I now refuse to leave my money in a bank.

Please fix this issue. We have been customers for around 5 years... But there are other companies out there now that offer totally unlimited internet... And we have 5 lines unlimited everything and a tablet line. I dont want to leave T-Mobile, but we have had so many issues... And this just takes the cake...

Either make everyone pay the fee to set up their arrangement, provide a way to set up an arrangement to pay in the store with cash, or credit me the $5.00 every month.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey speaker4thedead - I hear you and honestly hadn't considered the implications before.  Thank you so much for taking the time to bring this to our attention - we will absolutely forward this feedback on.  In the interim, the bill cycle change option could resolve this concern but may need closer analysis.  Although we don't have account access on this forum, I want to go into a little more depth and so I'm going to send you a PM in a few which you can check here!  Thank you!

- Marissa