Is unlocked G5 fully compatible with T-mobile?

pjduncan@yahoo.com

I posted this once before and got a response and someone asked me for more details, but when I tried replying on that thread it says my reply cannot be saved.  So here I am posting again with the additional details.  I'm thinking of getting an LG G5 factory unlocked phone (US version) and want to confirm whether it will have full functionality on T-Mobile.  Amazon lists it in a table as only "partially" compatible for "voice/text" and "3G" while fully compatible for "2G" and "4G".  I want to know what if anything will not work on T-Mobile... including whether it can serve as WiFi hotspot and whether the voice over WiFi feature of T-Mobile will work seamlessly as normal.

Here are the details on supported bands according to LG website.

LTE Band: 2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/20/25; CDMA Band Class: 0/1; UMTS Bands 1/2/4/5/8; GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

Thanks

All replies

• tidbits

Everything should work fine. However it may not do Advanced messaging, GOGO in flight, or WiFi calling.

You should have no trouble with Voice, Text, and data. The reason why it says 3G may be affected  is due to the AWS(band 4) being missing for 3G. So if the area only has band 4 for 3G and you have to drop down you'll drop to E instead of 3G.