T-Mobile sent bill for 2000!!

generalt

I had a T-Mobile account which was closed because of a past due amount. When it was closed my phone said no service and bill was 400+ that was the last of me using T-Mobile service. Fast forward to now and my mother has received a call from collections saying there's a bill of 2000!

i called to get information on my bill and most of the time they lie saying system will not give them information and they don't know why bill is 2000 only collection agency knows. But actually I spoke to a rep who told me that I was being charged for 3 devices and when I bring it up they then say oh it does show that which shows they are lying.

When I called and spoke to a rep last week they said they submitted a dispute and handset research form. They wouldn't give me any confirmation number so I don't know if they have. I also emailed the CEO and got no response.

i owe money for my phone that I have and can return and my past due service bill that's it I owe money for nothing else I shouldn't be charged for nothing else.

I Told my mother I filed a dispute and handset research form and if they are lying it will only make me seem like I'm lying. The only thing that has happened since then is the bill increased from 2000 to 2167!

All replies

• generalt

Re: T-Mobile sent bill for 2000!!

i just called the agenecy and they could not give me information T-Mobile said they would provide they are obviously lying as it is there objective to profit off this situation. I still don't know why my bill is 2000 and they want me to pay it off?

• theartiszan

Go into a T-Mobile store if there is one near by and they can get a copy of the detailed bill which will list the charges. If the whole account was cancelled and there were multiple lines that had outstanding eip balances, that could be why. And sadly, you cannot return the phones past the buyer's remorse period.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • generalt

it was only one account, what happened was one time when I upgraded they didn't remove the previous phone and it took me like 2 months to get it fixed but i think they are charging me for it in collections and they say I'm being charged for a hotspot device both which I don't have. It was only one line and I was only one using it.

thanks for your response

• gregtrio

T-Mobile sucks. Endless lies. You'll probably have to go to small claims court.

• generalt

So i spoke with a exce, He already brought the bill down to 1k, They are allowing me to return 2 devices for a full refund which will bring bill to around $500 so im happy with the outcome.