milhousevh

Lately my HTC 10 has been experiencing problems in regard to basic phone usage

Calls being sent straight to voicemail

• No missed call notification
    • voicemail notification appears hours after the message was left

SMS and MMS issues

• Unable to send an SMS or MMS message.  Error message is returned that the message is unable to be sent, even though I have full bars on a 4G connection
    • Not receiving SMS or MMS messages.  Similar to the voicemail, messages are delivered after a significant lag.  In the case of a group conversation, the messages come flooding in all at once, with me being "late" to the discussion.

I have multiple phones on my account and my HTC 10 is the only one experiencing these type of issues.  Is anyone else experiencing these type of issues?  Is there any sort of exchange or warranty claim I can put in on this phone?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Multiple issues with my HTC 10

Ugh, milhousevh I'm so sorry for this laundry list of calling and messaging issues.  You mentioned that this is the only device on your family plan having these concerns - can I ask if anyone else in your family has an HTC 10?  These problems might be related to the phone itself, or to the way that the phone is connecting to the network (or isn't connecting, for that matter) and if you have another family member with the same phone but theirs isn't having problems, then it's easy to pinpoint that your equipment is the culprit.  What troubleshooting have you tried so far?  We can give you some suggestions here, or if you prefer you're welcome to Contact Us and work with our Tech support team.  That way we can walk you through troubleshooting over the phone, and if necessary (usually a Master Reset is the last step, just as a heads up) we can look into your account to see if it qualifies for Exchange under warranty.  Typically it does as long as you've had the phone for less than a year - and even if it's been longer than a year, insurance or JUMP! will extend that warranty.  Let us know if there's anything we can help with on this forum - we can definitely offer some tips if you don't want to troubleshoot over the phone at first.

- Marissa

• milhousevh

Hi Marissa,

My HTC10 is the only one in the house.  The other phones are iPhones of various generations (5s and 6s).  I wanted to see if the community had any tips or if they were experiencing similar behavior from their phone.  Just a few observations when the phone starts acting up:

• It happens regardless if I'm on wi-fi or not
              • I usually turn off wi-fi in this case to check mobile reception and notice that I'll have a 4G connection, but not 4G LTE
            • Restarting my phone sometimes helps.  My phone then gets a flood of messages that were previously stuck
              • 4G LTE coverage comes back

Thank you for responding to my questions/concerns.  I will follow-up with customer support directly to see if there is a solution in place.

Thanks again.

• tmo_marissa

I'm glad to hear it milhousevh - at the very least we should be able to file a Trouble Ticket for you and have engineering take a look to see if there's a problem with specific frequency your phone may be using to connect to the network in your area.  If you have the opportunity when you're speaking with us, I'd definitely recommend asking the Tech support folks who assist you to check to see if you're connecting to the same frequency as your Apple-loving family.   Community members may still stop by and offer suggestions, but sometimes with calling and messaging issues the potential causes are so varied that it's best to have engineering review the towers to rule them out.  Let us know what they say!

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hey milhousevh!  Just checking in - how did it go?

- Marissa

• milhousevh

Hi Marissa,

Thanks for asking.  I called customer support today and reported my issue.  The support person, Eric, documented my issue and my phone is being monitored for the next couple of days to see if they can see what's causing the issues.  I was promised a follow-up call on Monday to go over possible solutions to the problem.

Thanks again for following up with me. 

• tmo_marissa

That's great, I'm glad you made the call!  Let us know what the update is tomorrow!  Crossing my fingers that there's a resolution for you. 

- Marissa

• tmo_chris

Hey milhousevh,

Did you hear back from Eric yet?

• milhousevh

Hi tmo_chrisl

I had to call tech support to follow up on the ticket Wednesday.  The CSR I spoke with (sorry didn't get his name), looked up my ticket and said "It's all fixed."  I asked what did they do, and he couldn't answer it.  He said the notes weren't complete.  I told the CSR that it doesn't seem to be fixed as I am still having the issues.  He opened a new ticket and said it would be monitored for another 72 hours.  So by Saturday, tech support will have another log of the activity on my phone.  Hopefully with some kind of fix.  But I can say for certain that nothing was fixed as of last night because it took 30 minutes for a text (SMS) to arrive to me.

Thanks for the follow-up. 

I'll keep you posted.