daisey22175

I am currently using the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.My service is constantly changing from good to poor when I am at work in Plymouth MN.  I am near towers and this is not a rural location in MN.  Can anyone make a suggestion on how to better my service at work?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Network Issues in MN

Well that is no fun!! I know I sped a large portion of my life in the office and having good cell service is a must! Out of curiosity, do you notice if the signal is better when you are in a specific area of your office? Is the signal any better when you are outdoors?

• daisey22175

I would like to say it's different in locations, but to be honest there are times where it's good inside and bad outside and vise versa. For example today, when I got the to parking lot of my work I had service; however sitting at my desk today and even walking around in the office I have no service. Not that I don't have 4G LTE, I have absolutely no service. I've reset my phone, shut it off and restarted, even done a network search. It shows T-Mobile as an option, but when I pick it is says cannot connect, there is no service.  This has been an on going problem for over a year now. I was told previously my phone was outdated so we upgraded and stilll have this problem. My husband who also works in Plymouth that is 6 miles from me has problems like this but not as bad. So I would have to believe it's related to the tower or the dishes. All I know it's frustrating because I should be able to rely on my phone and I can't.

• tmo_chris

Thanks for clarifying and I totally feel you! It does indeed sound like there is something going on with the local towers. If it has been this way for over a year, it may just be that the signal is not strong enough to penetrate the walls of your building Do you have a Wi-Fi connection that you are able to connect to at the office?

• daisey22175

Hi, I understand that Wifi would make a big difference considering this is primarily what I use at home; but my company does not allow employ use of WiFi.  I also understand that the signal can be weakened and this is why I have issues when inside at work; however, the road I work on is essentially in a shape of a circle. There are building in the center of the circle and we are on the outside of this circle.  There is a tower that is also located with in the circle which is roughly 2 miles if you drive around it.  Being this close to a cell tower that shows on websites as to having T-Mobile on it, doesn't make sense why I would have poor service outside of my building at work. I don't only get poor service when inside the building. When sitting in the parking log or the yard at work I also get poor service.

• drnewcomb2

Looking at a crowd-sourced coverage map of Plymouth, MN, I have to agree. There are lots of sites and plenty of band-12 sites too. The place should be blanketed with service.

It is possible to construct a building so that it is virtually impossible for radio signals to get in or out. This happens because many of the same materials that reflect heat (e.g. aluminized mylar, reflective glass) also reflect radio waves.

I take it that you don't have or can't use the office WiFi to connect inside?

1 of 1 people found this helpful