What device are you using?
The zte mf64
Turn your ZTE device on.
Use your computer, tablet, or any other device to wirelessly connect to your ZTE MF64
Change Mobile Hotspot Network Name (SSID)
1. Access http://mobile.hotspot.
2. Click Settings in the navigation..
3. Select the Wi-Fi Settings tab.
4. Change the name that appears in the Network Name (SSID) field in the Wi-Fi Settings area.
5. Select or deselect the Broadcast Network Name checkbox to enable or disable broadcasting the hotspot’s Network Name (SSID).
6. Click Apply to save your changes on the Wi-Fi Settings tab of the Settings screen.
I have a ZTE Z917 Hotspot, just a different model but changing the network name works the same.
I hope the infirmation I provided was helpful.
Thank you all so much!!
1 of 1 people found this helpful
You are welcome. It wasn't diffucult to get the information you needed. I merely went online and downloaded the Operational Manual for the device from the T-Mobile Support Webpage. If you need any help with anything else concerning the device that would be the first place I would look.
If you may have lost or misplaced your manual, you can fownload directly from T-Mobile
Ok... Thank you
I have a Samsung Note 3.
to change the network name on my phone:
click on MOBILE HOTSPOT Icon
THe screen will go to a "Tethering and Mobile Hotspot" page
Touch where it says "Mobile Hotspot"
To configure Smartphone Mobile Hotspot, tap on the Menu icon, then tap "Configure".
If you have an iPad or iPhone the process works differently.
BEcause with the iPad and iPhone your network name is the name of your device. So basically by you changing the name of your iPad you are also changing your network name too!
Go into your SETTINGS menu,
click on GENERAL,
then click on ABOUT
then click on NAME...
NOw you can change your Device Name/Network Name...
If you have a phone other than an iphone, or note 3... let me know what phone you have, and i will do investigative work to figure it out.