How do I get my military discount

ramona5

How do I get my military discount

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: How do I get my military discount

Hey there ramona5!  Thank you so much for your service!  We absolutely want to make sure you're able to get your discount.  Our Advantage discount program did largely shift away from monthly discounts, but verified veterans and active duty military can definitely still receive them.  Please follow one of the links below to apply.

If you still have access to a government domain email (like yourname@army.mil, for example), you can apply using that email address here: https://validate.t-mobile.com/employee-discountIf not, click to apply here: https://validate.t-mobile.com/advantage and you’ll be able to provide documents showing proof of employment – for a veteran, we’ll happily accept a Veteran's identification card (VIC), Veteran's Advantage Card (VAC), DD Form 214, Military Retiree Account Statement, or Honorable Discharge Papers to satisfy the verification requirement. 

It's important to know that when we add your Military discount, your billing cycle may change - you can Contact Us in Customer Care to see what those dates might shift to and how it could potentially impact your billing!  Hope this helps - thank you again for serving our country! 

- Marissa

• magenta1427699

I have had the same issue.. I have been trying to get it accomplished for over a year now.  I signed up again and uploaded my documents several months ago (not to mention the times in 2016)

I have been calling every month for the past few months since the discount was not appearing on our invoice.  Every time I called, I was told it takes time.  I call back to day and I am told that I never registered.  they also cannot tell me where to go to sign up.  I am more then frustrated!

My husband served for over 21 years!!

Lori 

• tmo_marissa

magenta1427699, welcome and thank you for posting. As an Army brat, please allow me to thank you for your family's service. I am so sorry to read that you've spent so much time attempting to get your discount in place with no results -- for those manually uploading documentation instead of simply verifying with an email domain, I know this isn't a quick process and I apologize that you've completed the task more than once. Where did you complete your registration and upload originally? Does the T-Mobile Advantage Program website look familiar? I know this is a little tricky because largely, our monthly discount agreements have shifted to an upgrade rewards program. However, government discounts for those who've served our country (and a few other entities as well) were largely not impacted by this change.

Under the first section on that page, with the header Wondering if your eligible...?, you'd click the link in the second bullet to upload documentation instead of verifying with an email address. If this is what you've already done (and it sounds like you have, more than once), then we need a team with account access to take a look at your account and send an escalation email to our MCSA/GSA team on your behalf.

I will add the caveat that there are a few rate plans that offer a serious value as is and aren't eligible for the discount, even if the Billing Responsible Party (account holder) or Authorized User (person on the account listed by name and able to make many decisions on the account holder's behalf) are, based on their current or former employment. What type of rate plan do you currently have? I'm happy to look into that for you and make sure that there's not a conflict.

Again, I am so sorry that it's taken this long to get this matter solved for you. We definitely want to get to the bottom of it and make it right!

- Marissa

• darkknightlv69

I also have been trying for a year to get my Military discount i have uploaded my DD214 and Vet Id over a year ago now and i am still waiting and i am told that it is coming on the next bill cycle and when that bill cycle comes it is still not on there.

• tmo_marissa

Ouch, darkknightlv69! Over a year to get a discount we sincerely believe you deserve for your service is far too long. We don't have account access in this forum to escalate the matter ourselves, but can you reach out to our T-Force team via DM on Twitter (@tmobilehelp) or PM on Facebook so that we can review the matter for you? If you've walked through the steps outlined in previous replies, and you don't have a conflicting plan, then there's no reason why we can't get this working for you! We have an offline escalation team that we can email in situations where the account just isn't getting switched over for some reason; they're able to review all submission history and get the discount applied ASAP. Just a heads up; when we do switch you over, your bill cycle close date and due date will change, so there will be one month where you'll have a prorated bill so that switch can happen. Your first full month after the prorated cycle you'd see the discount on your bill. Thank you for chiming in here with this feedback -- it's a bummer to see so many reports of these discounts slipping through the cracks, and we'll definitely forward the concern.

- Marissa

• darkknightlv69

Thank You for the concern about my account and not getting my Vet/Mil. discount, but not to sound jaded but every since i switch over to T-mobile I have been treated in a manner that i am shocked to ever think it could happened all let alone me you see { my T-Mobile service was down for almost a whole billing cycle and when it came back up i was told that i would get my credit for my service being down for the time it was down due o T-Mobile fault}, when I did get the fees returned to my account for lack of service I was never told when T-Mobile give back or credit your account for the fault of T-Mobile that it would go against the consumer; I WAS SHOCKED TO HERE FROM T-MOBILE THAT SINCE THEY HAD TO FIX ISSUES WITH MY ACCOUNT THAT IN THE FUTURE THEY WILL NOT BECAUSE THEY HAD TO CREDIT MY ACCOUNT FOR SERVICE THAT WAS T-MOBILE FAULT NOT MINE BUT IN THE END I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE PROBLEMS OF T-MOBILE I WAS TOLD BY THE REPRESENTATIVE THAT SINCE I ENFORCED T-MOBILE TO FIX MY ACCOUNT WHEN IT DOES NOT WORK T-MOBILE WILL GET THERE MONEY ONE WAY OR ANOTHER; AND THEY HAVE DONE JUST THAT AND THE ONLY REASON I AM STILL WITH T-MOBILE NOW IS BECAUSE THE MONTHLY SERVICE IS CHEAPER THAN THE OTHERS BUT THE SERVICE IT SELF IS NOT. So I say all of this to say that T-Mobile is not for the consumer but for their bottom line and to be honest i do not think i will ever get the discount at all due to the way T-Mobile does it dealing with the real consumers. But I do Hope In Time That A Rich and Wealthy Person Get Treated in The Manner I have So They Will Take T-Mobile To Court and Win That They can Not Push The Cost Of Fall Thru Or LAck Of Service Onto The Consumer.

ThankYou,

*edited personal info - Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Oh goodness, darkknightlv69 -- I don't like the sound of that one bit! Network outages for that extended period of time should absolutely be adjusted. I assure you that these kinds of credits for loss of service have no impact on a monthly recurring discount issued to a service member or veteran: as network adjustments are issued real-time by a Care or Tech representative; whereas the government services discount is administered by an offline department who have the resources to review and validate submissions and then add account information into our billing system. Since monthly credits aren't issued real-time by our frontline team, they're not related to your (clearly legitimate) network outage credits at all, and if we informed you otherwise I sincerely apologize.

That said, though our Care and T-Force teams don't have the ability to issue credits for these discounts, in those channels we do have the ability to contact our government services team on your behalf via an escalation email process as I mentioned above. It sounds like you've had quite a harrowing experience, and I completely understand your frustration, but we'd love to get this worked out for you if you'd give us the opportunity by contacting us through Twitter or FB as I outlined in my previous reply.

- Marissa

• magenta2331018

About two weeks ago I changed my service to T-Mobile partly because of the understanding as a retired military member that I would get a military discount.  I emailed T-Mobile from my current military email (I'm working as a military contractor) to validate the account prior to changing my service to T-Mobile.  In the store when I activated my service (using my own unlocked phone) with the One Plan I was told by both store employees I get the military discount and to call T-Mobile to start it.  I called a few minutes ago and spoke to three different T-Mobile representatives for over 30 minutes who all told me I did not get the discount with this plan and there was nothing they could do about it.  The final representative said she would email somebody to check into this and it might take 2-3 days for an answer.  The discount is not a large amount of money, but I feel this is a pretty low bait and switch.  And it is very irritating to be told there is no discount after the fact and to have to waste my time...not only on the phone but here also - where I hope to inform people who are considering becoming T-Mobile customers.  When potential customers do an internet search as I did, hopefully they will find this and take into consideration how T-Mobile has behaved and continues to behave.  I had two phones with Sprint for about ten years, two phones with AT&T for about seven years...and I never had any issues with them immediately correcting a legitimate issue as well as making the effort to keep a customer.  If this does not get fixed I will be reconsidering options as to who will be getting my money for future service in this competitive cell phone provider environment...and hopefully others do so as well.

• snn_555

As a government employee myself I do not get the discount. This is because the one plan is already discounted compared to the other plans. When I was on Simple Choice I got a government discount which extended to the military. But again however in this case there are no promotions for employers on the one plan.

I found this out through reading of the fine print and calling T-Mobile to verify.

• tmo_marissa

That's definitely not the first impression that we want to provide, magenta2331018. This thread was originally started last fall, prior to activations on the ONE plan, when many customers still had a plan called Simple Choice. The services covered by the ONE plan, when compared to rates for the same services on Simple Choice, are already discounted. The T-Mobile ONE plan is a great deal -- and as such, no discounts are offered for that plan (military, government, corporate, etc). As a new customer you couldn't have the opportunity to know that, and it's important that we are honest about why we love this plan so that customers are satisfied with what they're signing up for, rather than left feeling blindsided because we advised them to expect something that we simply can't offer. As great of a deal as it is, the idea of a little more off is appealing to anyone, and the frustration of receiving misinformation is vexing to all. I'm so sorry that this was your experience. I know it doesn't change what's already taken place, but I do want to thank you for taking the time to chime in here and let us know what happened so that we can forward the feedback -- we need to make sure we're all appropriately educated and setting the right expectations for every customer, every time.

- Marissa