MMS on Nokia 515

agb89

Hey all,

Just bought an unlocked Nokia 515 and am having difficulty both sending and receiving MMS after poking around these forums and trying a few things out.

Here's my MMS configuration at the moment:

Account name: T-Mobile MMS
    Server address: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Use pref. access point: No
    Proxy: Enabled
    Proxy address: 216.155.165.050
    Proxy port: 80
    Mobile data access point: epc.t-mobile.com (I have also tried fast.t-mobile.com, and epc.tmobile.com, which I found online but figured was a typo)
    Authentication type: Normal
    Username/password: blank

Elsewhere, my mobile data access point in my connectivity settings is: epc.t-mobile.com

One thing: where I live, I only get on the AT&T network (there's no T-mobile coverage within 90 miles of me). Could that be complicating the issue at all? It also means I don't have any 3G access at all here (I can only connect to AT&T using GSM).

I clearly don't really know what I'm doing here...any ideas?

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: MMS on Nokia 515

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out!

Your settings look correct, so I don't assume that's the issue. The coverage thing may indeed be the culprit. Have you has the opportunity to try sending an mms while on native network?

-Lauren

• agb89

I haven't yet, no. I live in an area where there is only partner coverage (mostly AT&T) for about 150 miles in each direction; I'd had T-Mobile from where I used to live and am happy with my plan and all. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to switch to AT&T if that's the problem.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there agb89.

Just wanted to jump in here and see if the MMS started working by chance. That's a bummer to hear you're haveing coverage issues and we'd really like you to stay with us.

Keep us posted. Thanks.

• agb89

Hey, thanks for following up! I actually just managed today to get on a T-Mobile network for the first time. No luck. I tried several variations on the above settings, and didn't get any further than last time: retrieving or sending any MMS message leads to a "failed" notice. Any ideas?

• tmo_mike_c

Ah okay, well thanks for trying.

You could try having a T-Force rep send the configuration settings over-the-air as a last resort. If it's still not working after that, the next step is testing the SIM in a known working T-Mobile phone. If does work with another phone, we'll know it's something going on with this Nokia.

• tmo_chris

Hey there! Just wanted to check in on you and see how things were going. Any lock with our T-Force team or trying your SIM in a known working T-Mobile phone?

• agb89

Hey, thanks for checking back in. I forgot to mention: I did get it to work at least in T-Mobile service zones, where I've been for the past week. The settings I had above didn't work; instead, out of desperation, I changed it to use my preferred access point (fast.t-mobile.com) and it worked. Perhaps I had been making a small typo in the advanced access point settings, but regardless it works now in T-Mobile service zones. I'll post again once I get back on Sunday to partner coverage to let you know if it works there as well.

Thanks for your help!