lg v10

vikingsteve88

So generally I don't like to complain about customer service, but I think I have to now. For three weeks I have been waiting on a replacement phone for my v10. So far I have been sent not one, not 2, but 3 samsung galaxy s6 phones. Not only is my phone still under warranty, but I have insurance. They still refuse to send me the proper phone with the proper screen size and features I paid for. I bought extra batteries for the v10. I have been promised twice now I would receive the proper phone only to receive the s6. I dont want the s6.I have made that crystal clear. I paid for a phone, and bought extra batteries for said phone for a reason. I don't want a samsung s6 that doesn't have removable battery, and a smaller screen. Its built for crap too. The s6 is a fragile pile....I understand the phone is on backorder, but 3 weeks? It's absurd that a company that sponsors athletic arenas across the world can't get me a phone they placed on sale on their website just last week. Crappy customer service through this entire situation. Thinking of going back to verizon. They never screwed me this way.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: lg v10

Oh no, vikingsteve88.  I'm so sorry that we don't have the appropriate replacement equipment for you - and even more so that you haven't had good customer service experiences, to boot.  We do our best to honor the manufacturer's warranty quickly and efficiently.  In this case, that objective is doing more harm than good, because rather than letting your exchange remain on backorder, we're sending you similar equipment that you don't want.  I use an LGV10 and I would not want a Galaxy, either - frankly, I don't like the user interface as much.  I know plenty of people who would say the exact opposite, though!

To be up front, our team doesn't have account access, so I don't have a way from here to place another order or know when we expect to have replacement LGV10s available through T-Mobile's warranty replacement program.  But I am curious - do you still have your original LG device?  If so, you might consider checking with LG to see if they have replacement equipment and how that process would work with them - our manufacturer listings are here.  Going through the manufacturer directly can be a different experience, because they usually need you to ship the phone to them first, and then they'll either repair your equipment or provide a replacement - but just a thought, especially since it looks like a wait either way.

If you don't still have the V10, then I'm wondering if that may be the problem - maybe we attempted to provide different equipment the first time, and then subsequent exchange orders are being populated with a Galaxy S6's IMEI instead of a V10's?  Please let us know!

- Marissa

Discussion moved from Magenta Lounge to LG V10

• vikingsteve88

I still have my v10 that is stuck in the boot loop. I don't understand why

the people at my local t-mobile store can't get on the phone and make

something happen. There is little communication during the process. It

seems nobody knows what's being shipped until they send the wrong freaking

phone.

• tmo_marissa

I gotcha, vikingsteve88.  You're right - when we place the order, whether we're doing so from a store or over the phone, we have no way of knowing in which instances alternate equipment will be provided if the backorder is significant.  The warehouse team who process these orders are offline, so there isn't a way to reach out and get an answer, though that would certainly be ideal.  I'm so sorry the dreaded bootloop happened to you! :  It happened to my G4, which is why I have a V10.  I have JUMP! and decided to just treat myself to a new phone - the timing was in my favor.  I wish that were an option for you, but you have to have something to use.  It may be worth contacting LG to see what the turnaround might be for a repair/replacement on their end?  Do you have anything that you could use in the interim?  Have you only worked with our store on this, or have you had a chance to Contact Us over the phone or via T-Force (social media customer support)?

- Marissa