Please give me a reason to stay with Tmobile after being insulted by employees

whereisthecustomerservice

After being insulted twice today by 2 different Tmobile employees (one in store and one manager in customer service), I am struggling to find a reason to stay with Tmobile. I have been with Tmobile for 10 years and have never been treated this bad.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hi there,

I'm so sorry that this has been your experience.  I know that tmo_amanda messaged you directly so that we could gather your feedback regarding what appears to have been an awful experience, entirely not up to our standards of service.  I sincerely hope you've been able to start working with her - did you receive her message?  Our roles here in the Support community do not provide the opportunity to access a customer's account, but I promise you that she (and we) will do whatever we can to report the experience you've had and assist in any way that we are able.   

- Marissa

• whereisthecustomerservice

I just wanted to buy a new phone. So I did the logical thing and ask a few questions about features of the phone. I got insulted in the store and insulted on the phone by Tmobile Customer Service (a manager no less). Ridiculous. I'm really, really struggling to find a reason to stay with Tmobile at this point. No one will even apologize to me on the phone. I filed a report about that store, but I know nothing will be done about it.

But here I am, still left without a working phone.... and still paying my monthly bill.

• tmo_marissa

You're totally right that this is not acceptable at all.  I'm so sorry that your equipment isn't working - and that we didn't take the appropriate time to learn what your needs were so that we could help you pick out something new.  The fact that you felt insulted in the process is not remotely ok.

When we file incident reports like the kind that Amanda wanted to gather information to report, for legal reasons the results of these internal investigations are just that, so to be truthful, we are not able to outline exactly what actions are taken, but I promise you your voice is heard through this process and the appropriate management team is notified.  Please allow me to apologize on our behalf.  We would hate to lose your business, but even more than that, I simply hate that you had such a bad time getting assistance.

I know you may be overwhelmed with the unsatisfactory results of reaching out thus far with your experiences today, but I noticed that you posted the link to FB in your previous post.  I would encourage you, if you have a moment or are still willing, to reach out to our excellent T-Force team on Facebook.  They do have account access, unlike our team, and can hopefully help you get set up with the right phone for you!  If you're logged in to Facebook already, you simply have to go to T-Mobile's FB page and click the "Message" icon underneath the cover photo.  A representative will send you information to securely verify your account information and they'll be able to take off from there.

I want to be entirely honest with you that our business hours are up - I was waiting to see if I'd be able to catch you for one final response and sincere apology.  If you'd be so kind as to give us the opportunity to help pick out a phone, please let me know what OS you prefer, what kind of features you need and what your price range is, and in the morning first thing I will do is come back to this thread and get some options together for you!

- Marissa

My current non-working phone is an LG G2. I like LG phones, but they chose to put the fingerprint sensor on the back which makes it useless to me. I need a front fingerprint reader. That leaves only Samsung. I have to have a bigger screen than what I have now as my 5.2 inch screen is just too small for my eyesight. That leaves the S7 Edge or the Note 7. Neither are available. I called customer service again and was told that the S7 Edge in black is not available. I have to have it in black to be able to see the bottom buttons. Of course the Note 7 is also unavailable indefinitely (and will likely be dropped by Samsung as the battery issues continue even on the replacement phones). What other phones are available for customers who need a bigger screen with front fingerprint readers? Does Tmobile have any programs for visually impaired customers? I am still paying my monthly bill for service on a phone that I can't use anymore.

• tmo_marissa

Good Morning!  I'm so glad that you replied.  It's such a bummer to hear that you were an LG fan until the fingerprint scanner and buttons moved to the back - I use a V10 and I love LG phones so much.  I think it's a pretty impressive testament to their quality that your G2 was still rocking up until recently. 

That said, I used Phonescoop's Phone Finder page to search for T-Mobile compatible equipment with a screen size of at least 5.2 inches and a fingerprint scanner.  Although we know the LG devices it returned are not actual options for you, you're definitely right that the Note 7 and S7 Edge would meet the requirements.  I know that right now we do not have the S7 Edge in black, and the Note 7 is not listed on the website yet as our current priority is replacing the recalled equipment for customers who already purchased it.  It seems as though you aren't interested in switching to an iPhone - and that's totally fine.  What about the Galaxy Note 5?  The fingerprint scanner is integrated with the home button, located on the front of the device.  We have it available in black, and it is currently showing as in stock.  I know that you were probably looking for a newer model, but it may be preferable to get something right now rather than wait? 

Regarding your billing, if you want to secure your phone number while you wait to get a new device, you could place your line on a Seasonal Suspension in the interim - that way your number is secure but your charges will be reduced for the duration of the suspension?  If that's the case, then maybe waiting for the Note 7 will seem a little less daunting?  We don't currently offer any specific rate plans for customers with visual accessibility needs, but we are able to provide large print bills upon request.  Links to information regarding applying for our Directory Assistance Program offered to customers with accessibility needs, as well as links from specific manufacturers/operating systems regarding their equipment's accessibility features are located here: Accessibility Policy |Hearing & Vison Aid Compatibility

- Marissa

It would seem my only choice is an iPhone. I am an Android user but I have choice I guess. Does Tmobile provide any training programs for new iPhone users? :-(

• tmo_marissa

Thanks for your reply! 

I truly think that the Note 5 is the fastest way to receive what you're looking for.  But if it will get you the features you want, I don't think a switch to Apple is a bad idea!  Fair warning: all of the recently launched iPhones have a bit of a wait, you can take a look here to see how long for which device: Shipping dates for new devices.  It looks like the black devices are all on backorder currently, but at least we can give you a timeline, which (as much as we want to) we simply can't provide for the Note 7 at this time. 

We don't offer iPhone training programs, but Apple has some great tutorials of their own that you can watch on iTunes.  There's also an awesome iOS site called MacWorld that has some great iPhone tips and tricks.  Lastly, a YouTube search for "iPhone Beginner" turns up tons of videos as well!  Take a look at some of the features of the Apple iPhone 7 Plus and let me know what you think! 

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Hi JS,

Just wanted to drop in and see if you'd chosen a new phone yet!  Hope everything's going well - please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the forum. 

- Marissa

I have not chosen a new phone. I decided to give another Tmobile store a try. I asked basic questions and was met with virtual ignorance of most of the products in the store. The screen on my current phone is so worn out, I can't even unlock it anymore. So basically I'm paying my bill but I am unable to use my phone or Tmobile's service.

I inquired about ordering a black S7 Edge or a Note 7 from Tmobile's customer service number and I was told that they are completely unavailable. I don't know what to do at this point. Should I keep paying my monthly bill even though I can't use your service?

• tmo_marissa

Yikes.  I'm so sorry that you've had such a drawn out negative experience.    I wish that your equipment were functional - or that we had the phone you wanted in stock.  Unfortunately, at this time we have no inventory for the S7 Edge in that color.  However, there may be some good news on the horizon - starting tomorrow, October 5th, we will resume sales of the Galaxy Note 7 for anyone looking to purchase one (as well as those who still need to order their replacement equipment for an original).  Given how many folks anticipate this release and have been patiently waiting for CPSC approved equipment to purchase, there may be a swift backorder, so I would recommend calling as early as possible to place an order!

- Marissa

• stevetjr

Just an FYI but apparently (from news sources) starting tomorrow T-Mobile will begin selling the updated Note 7's again. As for the "they are still having issues" so that seems to be just a few isolated and unsubstantiated issues or taking the fact that under heavy use the phone will get a bit toasty which is actually the processor not the battery generating that heat and most of the newest devices that have the quad core processors can get quite warm under heavy use or when fast charging.

As mentioned above the Note 5 is a great phone and will also be updated to Android Nougat, it supports T-Mobile's low band spectrum (band 12).  The big things you lose from the Note 7 to the Note 5 is the Iris Scanner, the Edge Screen, updated processor (although the Note 5 one is no slouch) and some aesthetics since the Note 7 takes more of the Galaxy shape now.  There are a few other things like Samsung is retiring Touchwiz as we know it and going to what they call GraceUX but they have said they will incorporate that into their Nougat update.   Also note (no pun intended) that the Note 5 would seem to be to models behind the Note 7 but Samsung skipped the Note 6 nomenclature so it is really only one generation old.

First let me note that I am no Apple fan, not in the slightest so take this as you will.  You should be able to figure out the iPhone fairly easily, it is one of the aspects of the iPhone is that you don't have the choices you have on Android.  Usually the challenge is when people go the other way from Apple to Android and they get overwhelmed and frustrated because there are so many choices to make your device "yours" and not like everyone else's.  My daughter finally caved to peer pressure and ditched Android and went to Apple because "all her friends had iPhone" and she didn't feel "cool". Well needless to say she is back on Android because she kept asking me where can I do "this" and kept telling her sorry you can't do that with an iPhone.  Thankfully she is on the JUMP program so she jumped back to an S6e+.

I suspect if you look online starting tomorrow and maybe even in some stores you will start to see the Note 7's rolling back in.  I suspect the S7's will eventually start coming back in at some point but Samsung probably shut those lines down for a bit so they could run as many Note 7 manufacturing lines as possible to cover all the recalled phones. Samsung had announced they wouldn't start selling "new" Note 7's until late October but the exchange program has gone so much better and faster than planned it appears they have moved that date up and started selling them again in Korea 3 days ago and the US can start tomorrow which means they have started to catch up on the inventory backlog.

While I am not a T-Mobile employee if you have any questions about different devices I would be happy to offer my opinion or answer any questions. I currently have 3 devices myself (Samsung GS7e, LG G4 and a Sony Z3) and have had every Samsung Galaxy since the S2 and have had the Note 3, Note 4 and Note Edge.  I am going to JUMP to the Note 7 from my GS7e in November when I am JUMP eligible again. :-)  Most reviews still say the Note 7 is the best phone Samsung has ever made, so it may be worth the wait which hopefully might not be to long from what it sounds like.

• tidbits

Why do you need the scanner in the front? Ever thought of using the tapping?

• pingme1x

I have had nothing but excellent support from T-Mobile employees. There are no T-Mobile in Vermont so I have to drive to Western Mass if I need in person hand holding. (which is infrequent) It is not T-Mobile's fault that a phone that meets your requirement in not currently in stock. Yes, you could acquire a Note 5 or wait until the new Note 7 arrives in stores, which is eminent. It appears from you comments that you still have a functional phone, although it is not 100% at this time. If you are familiar with Android you will be even more aggravated if you switch to an iPhone. You will NOT enjoy living within Steve Job's walled garden. Option B is to purchase a used T-Mobile Note 4 - good sized screen, Wi-Fi calling, swap-able battery, SD card slot, and can be upgraded to Android 6.01 - Good Luck with your upgrade, but don't blame the hard working and dedicated T-Mobile employees on Samsung's supply chain and manufacturing problems.  

• barcodeable

IF You have been with T-Mobile for 10 Years, you must have a grandfathered plan. Those plans are no longer available. That is 1 reason to stay with T-Mobile. If you have an awesome unlimited plan and you are only paying peanuts for it, T-Mobile actually aren't making a huge profit from you anyhow. You and everyone else with these grandfathered plans are perhaps making them lose money every month servicing these plans. If you stay with T-Mobile under (what i assume you have a grandfathered plan) That hurts them economicically more than you actually leaving.  But, If you had a Business account with 100 employees and you were spending $5,000 per month on providing phone services to those employees T-Mobile would have already jumped through hoops and walked on fire to accomodate you concerning the way you have been treated. If you have changed your plan to the T-Mobile One Plan than I wouldn't have any advice for you because T-Mobile ONE is the current available plan. Its basically having a '67 Ford Mustang or a 2016 Ford Mustang, the older plan is more valuable than the new one. Hold on to that '67 Mustang till the wheels fall off !!!!!