Officially beyond angry with T Mobile customer service and equipment.

cgoss85

I bought a brand an S7 Edge from a T Mobile store a month and a half ago and have been having problems with it since about the second week of owning it. The problems ive had with the phone have progressed regularly to the point that now, my home screen works sometimes, my speaker works about 1/4 of the time, the earpiece works intermittently, i drop signal like mad, drop calls constantly. When I try to charge it a screen pops up that says theres moisture in the port, when there is none and it wont charge. When it does charge, my battery will randomly drop 20-40% in a matter of minutes. Ive been to several different T Mobile stores to try to get help with the problem and every single time they either just reset my phone or give me a new sim card, neither of which works. I was never told that i could have exchanged my phone the first 14 days, or that i could file a warranty claim. After not being able to use my phone when needed for about a week and a half, I was finally told i could file a warranty claim about 4 days ago. I was not happy to discover I would also have to pay $20 to get the phone. Thats ridiculous! I purchased a brand new phone that through no fault of my own fails to function properly.  So instead of replacing my perfect condition phone for a new one, you charge me to replace it with a refurbished one. That is not the way you take care of your customers. You sold me faulty equipment, you should replace it at no charge. Now today, after sitting on the phone for 45 minutes, dealing with a very unhelpful rep, I find out I have to wait 7 or more days to recieve a working phone... I am really beyond disappointed at your company's lack of care for its customers.

All replies

• theartiszan

Why did they say it would take that long? You can also contact Samsung to see what options they have.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there cgoss85.  I'm so sorry to hear of your device issues - it seems like across the board, there's an issue with almost every standard function of your phone, and I can't begin to imagine how frustrating this month & a half have been.  During all those trips to the store I'm sure we could have done a better job directing you to the 14-day buyer's remorse policy on your receipt, or explaining the exchange program - it sounds like we dropped the ball, and I'm so sorry for that.  I can appreciate that after everything you've been through, the $20 warranty processing fee probably feels like a poke in the eye if we wait weeks to even mention the option and then neglect to clarify why we assess it.

We offer this program as a supplement to the actual manufacturer's warranty.  If you have defective equipment under warranty, you can The specified item was not found. to complete a warranty exchange through them directly.  This process's timeline and/or cost varies depending on the manufacturer, but it does require that you mail your equipment to them first.  Once arrived, they inspect it to see if it can merely be repaired or must be replaced, and then they either repair and return it or they ship you a replacement.  Since this is not an option for every customer, as many people don't have back-up equipment that they can use in the interim, we offer our own exchange program for our postpaid customers - we replace your equipment first, and then you're able to return the original once you have a working phone in hand.  We offer this supplemental exchange program to try to give our customers an easier, faster way to get a replacement if the equipment is defective - because we do care - but it does have an associated cost to operate.  It pains me to hear that while your equipment was malfunctioning, we couldn't provide the one thing that we should always offer - stellar customer service.  I'm so sorry that was your experience, and would love to gather your feedback.  I'm sending you a direct message shortly, which you can check here.

Thanks,

- Marissa

• cgoss85

I was told the phone was om backorder and thats why it would 7 or more days. TMO_Marissa, Im paying monthly for my phone, would the exchange program still apply in store?

• tmo_marissa

Great question!  The replacement stock is the same, so the length of the backorder would be the same regardless.  If you place the exchange order at the store, you'll be contacted when it's in.  These days when you place your exchange order over the phone, often we ship it to the store for you anyway - are we sending your phone to your home?  Even though the replacement doesn't arrive faster, when you're processing your exchange through the store we can help you transfer your information from the original to the replacement, and we can handle the return of your original for you - one less thing on your to-do list. 

- Marissa

• cgoss85

Its being sent to the store.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there cgoss85 - just wanted to check in with you.  Have you received your exchange replacement?  Hoping you're back up and running!

- Marissa

• cgoss85

Nope. Still haven't received my replacement equipment. I received a text about 4 days ago stating it had shipped, waited 3 days and contacted the store to see if it had arrived but was informed it wouldn't be at the store until next week. So, no back up and running yet. Still having to use a phone thats about 4 years old, and it's terrible. 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

• tmo_marissa

Yikes!  I'm so sorry you're still waiting.  I wonder if the delay's being caused by the weekend... Hope it gets there tomorrow!  I'm glad you've got a back-up, but I'm sure you're anxious to be reunited with your real equipment.

- Marissa

• cgoss85

So I finally got my warranty replacement phone and I'm not entirely surprised that they sent me one with paint rubbing off the earpiece, gunk permanently I'm bedded in the glass around the home button and a deep scratch on the front of the phone at the top. I'm so unhappy. As soon as mine and my wife's phone are paid off I'm cancelling our t-mobile service and going with a provider that is more concerned with having good customer service than milking me for more money that I should you have ever to pay.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

• tmo_marissa

Ugh cgoss85!  I'm so sorry.  That does not sound like equipment that passed the inspection that our exchange devices are supposed to undergo!  I can't believe that after this wait you received equipment so below standards that it actually has physical damage - that should never happen.  I know this experience has not been the best, but I promise that we do value customer service and would love it if you'd give us a chance to make this right.  We don't have account access here on Support, but it would be awesome if you could reach out to our excellent T-Force team via FB or Twitter (you can just click on one of the links on my badge below) and alert someone to the condition of the equipment when you received it so that we can see what can be done!   You're welcome to link to this thread so that our team can see exactly what's going on and you don't have to restate the issue. 

- Marissa

• cgoss85

Honestly at this point, I've decided that once my equipment is paid off, my

wife and I will be switching to Verizon. It's been far too difficult to get

anything done, too many hoops to jump through and not enough action on T

Mobiles part. I've reached my limit, and receiving damaged equipment after

the rest of this fiasco is what pushed me over the edge.

• tmo_marissa

I'm so sorry to hear that cgoss85.  Of course this decision is yours entirely, but I do wish you'd had a better experience with our warranty program - and we definitely find this feedback valuable.  Part of the reason we are shipping replacement equipment to the store is so that we can review and help set up the equipment with you before you walk out with it - we should have noticed the problems with this replacement before you left the store.  Thank you for taking the time to let us know here in the Support community how this played out so that we can forward that up, and if you do rethink things please don't hesitate to contact our T-Force team and see what we can do to make this right.

- Marissa