How to use CHROMECAST without WI-FI , so I can watch movies from my LG G STYLO to my SANYO LED T.V.?

zippyloan66@gmail.com

Will someone please help me understand what I need to do to watch Movies from my LG G STYLO SMARTPHONE, to my SANYO LED T.V., without using WI-FI?

I bought CHROMECAST, but I don't know if I need WI-FI to make it connect to my LG G STYLO SMARTPHONE?

PLEASE HELP ME !!! I'm PERMANENTLY DISABLED since 2010, and I have been trying to figure out how to watch Movies from my LG G STYLO SMARTPHONE, TO MY SANYO LED T.V.? Also I have purchased movies from the Google Play Movies and T.V. App., and I have NETFLIX ON MY PHONE.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hi there!  It's so cool that you got a Chromecast, I loved mine!  Unfortunately, for Chromecast to work, it is going to need wifi access.  I wanted to be sure so I did a quick double check on the Chromecast Setup page and it lists a wifi connection as an absolute requirement.  When you do have the Chromecast set up on wifi, you'll be able to mirror any open Chrome tab to your TV, and also play movies through the Netflix and Google Play apps on your phone and have them appear on the TV.  But the wifi is going to be necessary to start.  If you don't have any internet access at this time, I'd suggest calling a few local cable companies and asking if they have internet-only pricing so that you can utilize this awesome tool.  Most likely you should still be able to save money when comparing the cost of an internet-only plan to the cost of cable and internet together!

- Marissa