T-MobileOne $20.00 add on package questions

sillyshydq

The $20.00 premium connection package, what dose T-Mobile mean by "Unlimited data in 140+ global destinations at twice the speed" ? Will I have data caps if I purchase the add-on package?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hi again sillyshydq, sorry if I'm flooding your inbox but you have so many great questions!

I'm thinking that this question is about the $25 per line add-on, ONE Plus.  The side by side comparison shows that on ONE, there's a max possible international roaming data speed of 128 kbps, but with ONE Plus, those top possible speeds increase to 256 kbps. 

- Marissa

• miket

Re: T-MobileOne $20.00 add on package questions

Good chart.  HOWVER, it assumes you have FOUR lines on the account.  If you only have 2, the per line cost is $60.  One line - $70.

I probably have referred 6-10 people to TM in the past couple years --most intl. travelers.   I'll have to think twice now tha rates have risen over 50%.   Maybe it is still slightly better.

Question:  Do users get the $5 discount for "auto-pay" if the payment comes out of a credit card account?  I think anyone who gives unfettered access to any individual or company to their bank acct. is nuts.  

• tmo_marissa

Re: T-MobileOne $20.00 add on package questions

Hey miket - thank you for your business and your good word over the years.  We are lucky to have both.

You're right that we offer a price break on a family plan, and this is currently the case as well.  With the switch to T-Mobile ONE, the price for an individual line out of the gate has risen, though you do get substantially more for that cost increase.  The Simple Choice price for a single line plan is $50, but only comes with an included 2GB of high speed data, a bucket that you share with your smartphone mobile hotspot.  Adding Unlimited data at the current rate is more expensive than a single line on T-Mobile ONE, so in that regard, I feel like you're right - the new plan is actually slightly better.  The premium package's value for most users will stem from the addition of unlimited high speed mobile hotspot and unlimited HD streaming passes - although for international customers like yourself and your friends, the increased top speeds while roaming in a Simple Global country may be the real draw.  To be clear, the standard speeds without the addition of ONE Plus are the current max speeds we offer - so you don't have to add ONE Plus to get what you already have.

We can set AutoPay up with a credit card, debit card, or bank account - so you don't have to provide checking info if that's not appealing!  I'm sure you're not the only person who feels that way.

- Marissa

1 of 1 people found this helpful