Huawei Honor Note 8 useable?

riffy13

I'm wondering what networks would connect to an unlocked Huawei Honor Note 8. Would it only be 3G? 2G? Other?

Specs from gsmarena:

TechnologyGSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
    2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
    CDMA 800
    3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    CDMA2000 1xEV-DO / TD-SCDMA
    4G bandsLTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
    SpeedHSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps or LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps
    GPRSYes
    EDGEYes

Huawei Honor Note 8 - Full phone specifications

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Huawei Honor Note 8 useable?

Hi riffy13, thanks for stopping by the Support Community. 

That phone looks pretty rad, and obviously the price point is a huge draw for the features it packs.  It's not currently an option listed in our Compatibility Checker, but the Huawei Honor 6 Plus is, and reviewing both frequency capabilities in GSMArena side by side, it seems that in theory, you should be able to use the phone on our network and get 3G service through 1900 MHz, as long as that frequency is available in your area.  None of our 4G LTE bands (2, 4, and 12) are listed in your post, so I think 3G would be as good as you could hope for - which isn't bad, but doesn't really use our network to the fullest.  However, I want to shoot straight with you - T-Mobile is unable to guarantee service for Non T-Mobile phones, so no matter how good the likelihood of the phone working with our service looks, I can't give you a solid yes. 

If you do want to bring an unlocked device to T-Mobile, you can get more information on the setup here, in our Non T-Mobile devices section.  I know this device was just released - maybe another user will drop by with a real life report on the service!  Let us know if you have any other concerns!

- Marissa

• tortoise

Just got one and activated in NYC. Wireless network Indicator shows "H". Download speed seems to be capped at 4 Mbps. Download speed of my old Tmobile-branded Galaxy Note is 30 Mbps at the same time/location. 4 mbps is usable and the problems arise in places where Tmobile cannot deliver even 1 mbps, so 30 is a theoretical possibility at best.

• riffy13

Yeah have 2 of em on my account for almost a month now. My mother & I both have one. :-p

I've seen up to 12Mbps on H+, I get 6-8 on average. No more timeouts & drops either. I live in a congested area with only one tower for us all to use. It's funny cuz I got 1-3 average on my Note 7 so I get higher speeds for the most part during the day. I get better call quality on this phone too.

• riffy13

No for some reason I couldn't sync them normally either. I did it by Bluetooth too. Someone said they might have figured out why on the XDA forums. It's missing a google account manager app. Haven't tried it since I already have em all on my phones.

• billzhang1123

I am using Note 8 in Colorado. All I can get is 2G. anybody has been experiencing this issue? I like the phone very much. really want to avoid returning it to the seller.